UX (User Experience) Design Lead
Role: UX Design Lead
Location: Newbury or Paddington
The Group Business Customer Experience (CX) team operates across all of Group Business functions and local markets providing strategic CX design guidance with a vision to “empower our people to deliver an unmatched customer experience” to increase value to both our customers and our business. We strive for experience excellence using the double diamond design methodology & principles.
The CX team is mainly based in Newbury. This new role will expand the team and split its time between Newbury and Paddington.
UX exists across Vodafone Group Business in pockets and this role’s core aim will be to bring these centres of expertise together.
This senior role within CX will lead User Experience design across all digital channels with which our Business customers interact. It will need to drive human-centred design and, working with both internal teams and external partners, create the UX strategy for Vodafone Business.
The role will then co-ordinate and execute design activities across digital touchpoints to drive strategic design consistency across products, channels and services. The role promotes design thinking across the Vodafone global footprint to increase cross-functional collaboration in designing new products and services, or optimising existing ones to meet the needs of our customers and increase value for our business.
This is not a managerial role currently, but might develop into this in the future.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Responsible for defining and developing a strategic UX direction across products and channels, for Business customers.
• Develops UX concepts for future services, products and propositions
• Works directly with local markets to guide the deployment of group design assets
• Ensures the development and implementation of design assets aligned best practice, reuse of design artefacts and knowledge sharing.
• Works directly with the Group Commercial UX team to align strategic direction and reuse assets where applicable.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Expert knowledge of UX methodologies (DD) and application in agile. Ideally > 10 years in a UX leadership role.
• Proven ability to drive effective cross-functional project delivery in a fast-moving environment working with both internal and external resources.
• Strong ability to influence at all senior management levels and excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Exceptional communication skills in verbal, written and formal presentation formats.
• A degree-level education (or equivalent) in psychology, human factors, design, UX or product design
• Experience in a UX role within a global complex enterprise business – Technology industry preferred but not essential.
• Experience of working both in-house and agency would be beneficial to understand the necessity for a blended model.
Vodafone Group Business collaborates with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our total communications solutions. We enable them do ‘more with less’ by empowering their people to work more flexibly, simply and efficiently to ensure their business is built on firm connectivity foundations. Across our global fixed and mobile networks, cloud-based hosting platforms, Internet of Things solutions, technical expertise and professional services offerings, we can connect global organisations in a rapid changing world to ensure they stay agile and competitive – wherever in the world they do business. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions left check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/b2b
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
The future is exciting. Ready?