Unified Communications Solution Architect
Role: Unified Communications Solution Architect
Location: Newbury HQ, London or Manchester
£ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer
A senior customer facing role providing technical leadership, design and support to a virtual team of highly skilled professionals delivering complex and bespoke Unified Communication, Contact Centre, WAN and LAN solutions.
To provide detailed customer designs in Unified Communication and technical ownership to the businesses in high profile accounts through the utilisation of specialist technical expertise. With support be able to provide designs and technical ownership in Contact Centre, WAN and LAN. To add value, in terms of technical skills, to the various accounts through the issuing of detailed network solutions as well as technical leadership and implementation support.
To be engaged during the latter stages of the pre-sales cycle to provide technical assurance on complex solution viability and then ensure detailed solution compliance throughout delivery, only exiting once the solution is accepted into operation by the customer services organisation and warranty support period expired.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Technical accountability and leadership of the virtual team responsible for the detailed design, development, delivery and test of multi-million pound complex customer solutions working alongside the Programme Manager providing assurance and governance for technical components of the solution.
- Low level discovery of existing solution components and owner of the transition from existing to proposed solution
- Sign off and acceptance of pre-sales High Level Design and statement of requirements on behalf of the Solution Integration team
- Owner of the Solution Integration statement of work which translates the high level design and requirements into detailed technical deliverables, identifying the risks, assumptions, Issues and dependencies for submission into the Programme risk register
- Technical risk/issue ownership and management/resolution during solution delivery.
- Act as a subject matter expert and be accountable for the customer solution design engagement during post-sales solution delivery, participating and often leading detailed design and system integration workshops. The output of which is to capture detailed customer technical requirements to determine the optimum solution design for their business to achieve maximum benefit from Vodafone products.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Highly effective technical planning across customer, internal and 3rd Party technical teams
- Builds influential and effective relationships with technical, service and delivery teams
- Builds astute relationships within customer organisations
- Effective management of internal and external teams
- Business Acumen/Transformation focussed
- Experience of designing UC and ideally more of the core areas Contact Centre and LAN/WAN related technologies
- Significant experience of fixed product market, in depth understanding of complex customer solutions including UC, Contact Centre and LAN/WAN related technologies
- Proven track record for delivery of large scale, complex projects delivering IT/Telco customer solutions; demonstrable leadership skills and organisational experience
- Vodafone evangelist /Product Champion
- High standard of stakeholder management, written & verbal communication skills
What's in it for you?
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!
Commitment from Vodafone Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. Please be aware that this vacancy relates to the current strategy to relocate several teams between our office locations. It is not yet confirmed as being an available role but, due to the short timescale we may have to fill this vacancy (if it is confirmed), we are inviting applications at this early stage. Anyone who does apply needs to be aware that the vacancy may be withdrawn after their application has been submitted. Your resourcing contact will keep you fully informed in progress with this vacancy, and of any other vacancies that you may want to apply for.
IP Design Specialist Location: FarnboroughThe successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have impleme
Location: London, UK Role purpose: The role is accountable to ensure that Global Office IT meets security and compliance requirements, including but not limited to GDRP requirements and requirements f
Telecoms Field Engineer Location: Northampton / Leicester / Nottingham Salary: Competitive + Allowances + Vehicle + Benefits Hours: 37.5 COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have impl
Network Planning Authority - SRAN (30026) Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) Full time - Mon to Friday (37.5 hours per week)COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment an
Location: Newbury Our Team: Cyber Security As part of Global Cyber Security, Cyber Prevent Agile Delivery Managers take responsibility for the delivery of Vodafone-wide change activities (Epics) pri
IT Systems Administrator Location: FarnboroughThe successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have i
Role Purpose Role title: Principal IoT Engineering ManagerLocation: Newbury Role purpose: The Vodafone Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio is designed specifically to meet the needs of new and evolvin
Climbing Engineer Location: Kent Salary: Competitive + Allowances + Vehicle + Benefits Hours: 37.5 COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candid
Voice Reporting Analyst Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) Salary: Competitive Hours: 37.5 COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes t
Application Support Specialist Location: (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and