Trade In Senior Propositions Manager
Job title: Trade In Senior Proposition Manager - Handsets
Team: Segment Job Family
Location: Southwark, London
The Pay Monthly Tribe is focused on rapidly growing Vodafone’s share within the pay monthly category by bringing to market innovative, customer orientated propositions that embody our challenger spirit. Working across the full pay monthly category, our propositions bring together the best of Vodafone’s mobile business.
The Senior Propositions Manager for our Handset Services and Base Propositions is an important role in the Tribe as it focuses on ensuring we are driving new revenue streams which leverage services such as trade in, early upgrades and other propositions to drive sustainable growth for handset loving customers.
This role will be responsible for
1) developing plans and propositions to accelerate take up of handset plans across the current Vodafone base. Working in close collaboration with the Core Propositions squad, who lead on our acquisition propositions, this role ensures all new propositions have a strong and clearly developed plan for our base and how we can maximise both value and customer needs, with a particular focus on handset lovers
2) working with base marketing and commercial team colleagues to tailor our propositions to specific existing customers to ensure they stay with us at renewal, and we protect value
3) leading and managing our growing portfolio of Trade in capabilities (both current and forward trade-in), by translating the logistics strategy into a commercial and customer focused proposition strategy across phones and other devices. The role will also manage the full proposition lifecycle for the above propositions, all customer facing differentiation points and will ensure it integrates seamlessly into our core offerings where relevant
4) leading and managing our early upgrade propositions
5) monitoring the handset market developments closely with our Terminals colleagues to ensure our propositions roadmap is pre-empting any new trends and bringing best in class customer focussed strategies to market fast which will appeal the most to handset and device lovers
6) leading and developing propositions that sit as companions to handset plans eg. Insurance and warranty, and how we differentiate within our ladder / base / by device manufacturer
7) developing future customer propositions based on new ways to release value within trade in devices, second hand devices portfolio and recycled phones
They will be responsible for managing and delivering large scale change into the organisation, and will be the figure head for all innovation and new development coming out of their team. They will be responsible for building digital first capabilities for every proposition delivered as part of this role.
This is an exciting new role that works on a key pillar of our consumer customer strategy. It combines current portfolio management and future portfolio development of immerging market trends. It is best suited to an individual who has a growth mind-set and the ability to create a compelling vision for how we can win in the market.
We are a team who work hard but also know how to have fun and support each other. If you want to be at the forefront of Vodafone’s journey as a challenger mobile brand this is the place to be. In return, you’ll be encouraged to stretch yourself and dream big. Passion and energy are pre-requisites for any role in this team as we operate in a dynamic business. We believe anything is possible and want people who share this mind-set.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership :
- Define the proposition and customer strategy for portfolio included within role including defining the customer insights, target audience for new customers and existing base and market opportunities, proposition initiatives, desired customer experience and marketing approach and how this fits into the overall Pay monthly strategy, working closely with the Head of the Tribe and peers
- Obsess over how we convince more customers in our base to take a handset plan and to ensure we have proposition strategies to always have relevant services that sit as the perfect companion to the handset they love
- To be the collaboration point between Terminals, Base Marketing and Commercial to ensure we have a clear proposition story to maximise handset value creation and protection
- Manage the propositions E2E for Trade-in, Future Trade in, Early life upgrades, and any new propositions that come into being through the planning process for the pay monthly portfolio. E2E management means driving key investment decisions to enhance and improve, scope the requirements, lead the business change and deliver all KPIs.
- Recommend and inform prioritisation choices with wider business stake holders, and across Tribe peers so we have one aligned plan for Pay Monthly
- Understand and be a strong voice to shape the desired Customer experience journeys including a strong digital first mind-set for any new enhancements you will be leading, working in collaboration with our dedicated ecommerce team. This is a vital responsibility to differentiate and grow trust with our target audiences and responsibility sits in this team to make sure we always have simple and accurate information online for the propositions under this teams leadership
- Represent the UK business in Vodafone Group forums and external industry forums to actively share best practice and bring the best ideas back into the local market.
- Measure on-going performance against business case targets and make changes to accelerate or underpin as needed in collaboration with the Commercial team, Base Marketing and Terminals
- Work with Base Marketing to design the in life strategy that drives high NPS and delivers our commercial and customer KPIs
- Think forward to ensure the strategy is effective to deliver the challenging business targets in year, but also have the capacity to prepare for longer term market or business changes / challenges
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Thorough understanding of the Pay Monthly market, including working within a senior proposition and/or product role directly related to this market
- Passion for handset led services and future innovation
- Exceptional influencing skills, right up to Director level
- Track record of insight-led product or proposition changes, including flawless execution record where you put the customer at the heart of the change
- 5+ years experience delivering complex and multi-area impacting change programmes, with proven benefits delivery record
- Ability to champion the voice of your customer within the business to drive effective decision making and to ensure all ideas and plans are anchored in clear customer insight
- A strong commercial mind, able to make clear recommendations on what to invest in and what to stop
- An excellent people leader, able to demonstrate ability to develop others and create high performance teams
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Proven track record in consumer commercial / proposition or product development
- Experience working in a digital first environment and or working within an Agile environment
- Proven track record of managing complex roadmaps, associated budgets and other related resources
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
5. University Degree qualification
1. None directly, but will have access to the Consumer Capex development budget to support our roadmap
Key performance indicators:
What does success look like?
• suite of best in class handset propositions (working with Simon on devices we plan to range)
• Improved handset mix : SIMO, esp in retention
• [Internal only] orphaned loan protection target
• Base value protection target
• Multiple handsets or HSP per account Direct reports:
• Yes, team has strong potential to grow as the vision for future proposition development is created and endorsed
• Internal virtual team members from across the business (inc. Sales, Brand, IT, GTM, Terminals, Distribution, Commercial, Analytics and CVM)
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Webchat and Messaging SpecialistLocations options: Stoke or Newbury Competitive salary & excellent benefits Digital transformation is a journey not a one off-event. It needs to be nurtured and grown
Commercial Trading Manager Role can be based in London The Speechmark, Stoke or ManchesterCompetitive salary + Excellent benefits In 1985, we made the first mobile call in the UK, with your experience