Test Transition And Strategic Programme
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
Testing Services is an organisation within Technology Shared Services (TSS) providing a Testing Managed service to internal Vodafone markets and stakeholders both locally and globally. The service requires a Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Lead to:
Run transitions of work into TSS testing from multiple markets and group functions, using a best in class Test Transition framework that meets the variety of testing needs of all markets and stakeholders and results in a seamless transition into the Shared Service Centre.
Accountable for the transition planning and management of multiple customer testing capabilities into TSS Testing services. Working closely with the Service Delivery Managers to ensure the test service design is in line with the Testing Service strategy and ensure optimised test transition planning with minimal risk to the Customer’s existing service. Coordinate with the incumbent teams, vendors and with Vodafone shared service teams to manage test transition as per plan – schedule, budget and quality. Ensure delivery into operational BAU meets the customers’ expectations and KPI’s.
Own and run (empowered and accountable) Strategic Testing programmes as needed, ranging from (but not limited to) efficiencies (such as strategies to combine and streamline services), cross service line initiatives (planning the synergies and working models with AD and AO teams, and implementing them in practice) and operational relationship escalations.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in Test Transition management of large scale complex test services, ideally within a Telco environment and be able to take hands on approach to ensure the success of the transition. The candidate will also have a wider background in testing and running large-scale testing services, including delivery of efficiencies, operational governance and stakeholder management at all levels. This is a key role within the Testing Service Leadership Team championing test service transitions, best practices and managing key initiatives and programmes.
Joining us as a Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager you can be part of our Testing Services – Service Line function. The Future is exciting. Ready?”
- Experience and deep understanding of Functional Testing, Testing Methodologies, Automation, Performance Testing and Test tooling.
- Experience in managing test transformation (tools, process, standards and introducing continual improvements into Test Service delivery.
- Experience in managing Testing Transitions between vendors both on shore and offshore delivery models – including Planning, Due diligence, Knowledge Acquisition and Transfer, Resourcing and Transition into Service
- Ability to design and optimise Test Service design across onshore and offshore both during Transition and into BAU.
- The ability to converse, challenge and question at all levels of organisation and to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management, negotiation and diplomacy skills to enable them to resolve any issues presented.
- ISTQB (Advanced)
- At least 15years experience testing, preferably with some exposure to the Telecom domain.
- Expert in testing methodologies, test management and associated practices. TMMI experience or certification (desirable)
- Testing experience within a Telco organisation (Desirable)
- Strong Testing background and experience in managing offshore teams and services, preferably with university degree in Information Technology
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?