We are looking to appoint a Test Manager to join our Government Security Team on a permanent basis. The Government Security Team is responsible for providing operational support to government and law enforcement agencies in order to meet our obligations under the Investigatory Powers Act. Technical solutions are at the heart of our ability to meet these obligations, and in the process help tackle serious crime and save lives. We offer an industry leading capability and need the best people to ensure we maintain this.
The Capability, Delivery & Support Team design, develop and implement the systems that power our mission. As the Test Manager within this team, you will lead and manage the test activity across multiple projects delivering complex, innovative technical solutions in a fast moving telecommunications environment with a total portfolio CAPEX value of £10-£12M. You will be instrumental in ensuring the quality, reliability and performance of our systems and will be involved throughout the lifecycle from inception to successful delivery.
• Define an effective test strategy for the overall portfolio and individual projects, defining what tools and methods are best suited for the project
• Define test plans, test specifications, test suites, and test cases, as well as utilise automated tools for unit, functional and integration testing.
• Agree testing scope, requirements, test entry and exit criteria for each project
• Liaising with business stake holders, development teams, business analysts and project managers ensuring scope, costs, timescales and quality criteria are fully understood and incorporated into plans
• Manage testing execution, including co-ordination of appropriately skilled resource and mobilisation of teams to resolve testing issues as needed
• Develop the test capability within the team, documenting processes and driving the implementation of an automated testing framework for use on the programme to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
• Manage test environments ensuring they are fit for purpose, have high availability and remain representative of production estate
• Produce reports and documentation to keep project stakeholders and senior management up to date
• Lead and mentor a distributed team consisting of in-house and supplier test resources.
• Support multiple Scrum and Waterfall delivery teams with estimation, planning and strategy for testing.
• Advocate for QA best practices across project delivery, establishing and embedding a programme level testing strategy applicable to all change.
• Organise and lead initiatives to improve test processes, extend the use of tools / frameworks (where appropriate) and develop team members to improve efficiency.
• Perform (project-level) test lead duties when needed including stakeholder discussions and status reporting.
• Own release activities such as defect triaging from multiple projects and ensure test packs (regression, smoke) are updated to include new functionality.
• Co-ordinate the use and maintenance of test environments for systems across the estate, ensuring best practices for data quality, data consistency and supporting needs of all projects across the programme.
Essential knowledge, qualifications and experience:
• Expert in testing methodologies, test management and associated practices.
• Experience working with third party test teams and services
• Test Lead experience across major IT projects & programmes.
• Experience in test automation frameworks and tools as well as driving automated testing successfully on test programmes.
• Designing test strategies, plans and processes, methodologies and supporting documentation for functional and non-functional areas
• Project management tools such as JIRA for Defect Management and Test Cases
• Working knowledge of Project Management methodologies such as PRINCE2, AGILE, Waterfall
• Knowledge of software quality assurance techniques and software process improvement approaches
• ISTQB (Advanced).
• Working with Agile and Waterfall delivery processes.
Desired knowledge and experience:
• Security cleared to SC level or willing to undergo clearance
• Experience of working in a telecommunications environment
• Knowledge of relevant UK legislation including RIPA, DRIPA, IPA, DPA & GDPR
• Familiarity with the Vodafone Project Delivery Lifecycle
• TMMi experience or certification
• ITIL Certified (Foundation+)
Vodafone Way Behaviours:
ONE COMPANY, LOCAL ROOTS - We work across Vodafone to achieve the best outcome for customers, employees and shareholders.
CUSTOMER OBSESSED - We are passionate about exceeding customer expectations and bring the customer experience to every decision.
INNOVATION HUNGRY - We create and deliver new products, services and ways of working that delight our customers.
SPEED, SIMPLICITY & TRUST – We quickly seek simple solutions to problems and take pride in eliminating complexity.
AMBITIOUS & COMPETITIVE – We deliver the best in class
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Vodafone is committed to making reasonable adjustments for all candidates considered to have a disability during the recruitment assessment process. Should you meet the minimum criteria for the role you are applying to, we will contact you to discuss the reasonable adjustments that you may need.
London, Greater London
Senior Communications Manager - Consumer London/Newbury Permanent F Band This is an exciting opportunity to join Vodafone UK’s external communications team. You will help us communicate effectively w