TES Senior Data Analyst
London Smale House/ Newbury/ Bracknell/ Manchester or Leeds
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
This role sits within the Projects and Programmes team within Technology Enterprise Services who are responsible for delivering services and solutions to our Enterprise customers.
The Data Analyst will be aligned to the Central Delivery PMO, the role is to improve project and programme delivery within Vodafone through the provision of data insights, KPI reports and system automation. The role will also include supporting the PMO team with their governance and assurance activities as required and will be working with key stakeholders to create analytics models to provide real insight, make recommendations and support business decisions.
- Develop data modelling tool(s) and best practice methodology for Data Analytics
- Ensure multiple data sets are collated into one single data modelling ‘Insight’ tool to provide a real time and self-serve end to end view of delivery performance
- Ensure data integrity, currency and accuracy is maintained at all times
- Liaise with the Enterprise PMO Manager and key stakeholders to baseline the ‘Insight’ tool requirements traceability matrix and ensure any changes are assessed formally before implementation
- Maintain the ‘Insight’ tool to provide a ‘single point of truth’ at all times so that reports can be produced in line with the reporting schedule
- Carry out root cause analysis and identify data trends and recommend and implement solutions
- Translate multiple and complex datasets into key strategy insight and powerful capabilities
- Identify new analytics trends and opportunities to drive the innovation agenda across Projects and Programmes and wider teams as required
- Identify new data sources and evaluate emerging technologies for data discovery usage
- Be recognised as an expert in Data Analytics, advising on the suitability of Data products and solutions
- Delve into data from different systems, at different timescales, and in complex formats to discover hidden relationships and useful information.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Significant experience in Data analytics and deployment of models and algorithms into a commercial/consumer environment in order to analyse extremely large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Ability to test hypotheses from raw data sets and draw meaningful conclusions
- Deep and broad statistical modelling expertise with demonstrable experience of successfully creating data modelling tools
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to work cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions
- Working knowledge of Data statistical analytics tools (e.g. Python, R, Spark) or desire to learn
- Familiar with leading visualisation tools
- Willingness to learn about data science and data science programming languages
- Able to input into and support process automation initiatives
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels internally and externally including excellent stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, along with the personal tenacity and the ability to drive through to conclusion in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong organisational skills and time management
- Excellent reporting skills
- Projects and Programmes experience is desirable
- Security Cleared or eligible for Security Clearance.
Technology at Vodafone
Millions of people interact with Vodafone Technology every day without even realising it. Our products deliver many essential services that critical to the lives of many different people. We connect all sorts of businesses including banks, shops and the media to and critical services such as the emergency services. Our technology and network is the backbone to everything we deliver and without it we wouldn’t have a business. That’s why we’re investing heavily in it and we need talented people to help us deliver the next wave of innovation.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.