Location: London, The Speechmark (Full-time remote working during COVID-19)
Salary: £ Competitive Salary + Benefits
Hours: 37.5 Mon – Fri
COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee safety. As part of this we have moved to a virtual hiring and onboarding process until further notice.
We innovate, invent and continuously improve, Vodafone UK Digital works within the heart of our business. Empowering Vodafone’s mission of being a digital-first company is in everything we do.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented Technical Lead to join our Digital Architecture team, working with the Web Applications Technical Architects to own and shape the web application architecture strategy and roadmap, including eShop, VOXI, TOBi chatbot and business portals.
The remit of this Technical Lead involves ensuring that web application architecture continues to be aligned with the AWS well-architected framework, while meeting and delivering business needs. For this role you will need to have a solid background in Application architecture design, as well as knowledge of REACT and Node.js. A good background of working with microsites would be preferential as well as demonstrable knowledge in RESTful APIs. You will have working knowledge of cloud solutions such as AWS, as well as Security aspects. A SAFE agile certification and extensive exposure to working in a scale Scrum or Kanban environment would be required.
What will you be doing?
- Establishing an architecture roadmap setting the direction for next 3 years. The objective is to steer planned technical upgrades, capacity uplifts, system rationalisation and decommissioning through functional convergence in conjunction with broader technology stack evolution. The end result is continuous improvements measuring the ‘technical health’ of the web applications domain.
- Ensuring compliance to the target architecture and architecture principles by leading assurance activities through the development lifecycle, as well as collaborating with Solution Architects and reviewing solution designs.
- Challenging upstream requirements, as well as design and development activities to drive out of the box application capabilities, infrastructure longevity for at least 18 months, simplicity and cost effectiveness.
- Establishing yourself as the technical and functional point of contact for the web applications domain, supporting planned releases and major incidents. Provide direction and guidance to solution architects, developers and other technical staff.
- Support cross-functional teams to deliver high quality deliverable through clear definitions of success whilst building trust within teams and empowering them with the right skills.
- Be an active member of our Architecture Guild, sharing best practices, encouraging collaboration, as well as coaching colleagues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Group technology leads.
The future is exciting.
Posting End Date: 9th October 2020