Technical Domain Architect
The Vodafone Business IT (VBIT) department in Group Technology caters to IT needs of Vodafone Group Enterprise that includes four lines of businesses (Vodafone Global Enterprise, Vodafone Carrier Services, Internet of Things, and Cloud & Security Services), Product Management, Sales, Global Operations, etc. The function also builds re-usable assets that cater to the IT needs of Enterprise Business Units in a number of Vodafone Local Markets.
To support key strategic growth areas, the VBIT Architecture Team require a highly capable and experienced ‘Technical Domain Architect’ who will be responsible for the technical architecture of key IT capabilities supporting the current and future needs of Vodafone Business and the Enterprise Business Units in Vodafone Local Markets.
The role covers requirements analysis, business case definition, technical architecture definition with the domain & architecture leads, vendor & SI selection, management of the solution design, oversight of the build with the domains, solution acceptance, and control of benefits realisation with the business according to defined KPIs.
Within his/her key accountability, the Technical Domain Architect will interact with the business, finance, Supply chain, the domain leads, Delivery Managers, Test managers and the infrastructure & operation teams to define and deliver the committed roadmap to support Enterprise growth.
- Proven track record defining and governing complex technical architecture and solution designs in a Telco environment
- Sound overall knowledge of BSS application capabilities, integration, data design methodologies, Agile methodology, coding standards, version control, continuous deployment methodologies and industry best practices
- Strong communication, engagement, influencing and decision-making skills – able to deliver in a matrix environment and balance conflicting interests
- Capability to analyse complex Business processes, articulate and define complex architectures in a simple way to stakeholders underpinned by a structured analytical approach and high quality architectural artefacts and deliverables.
- Ability to translate Business Strategy and needs into IT Architecture Artefact for markets; estimate the financial impact of architectural alternatives. Ability to balance short term vs. strategic solutions to cater to conflicting demands.
- Knowledge of collaboration tools like: JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft SharePoint.
- Act as IT representative towards business and business representative towards IT for all Enterprise IT Domain processes and IT systems.
- Lead effort to identify and analyse business drivers to derive business, information, technical, and solution requirements and to analyse IT industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon Enterprise.
- Develop overall architecture approach for all layers of a solution
Application Guidance: We encourage our people to have powerful career conversations with their line managers and ask that your application is part of PD, mid-year review or development discussions. Please inform your line manager and HR Business Partner regarding your application as feedback may be sought from the hiring manager. Our Group internal transfer policy requires all internal applicants to have at least 2 years’ tenure within your current role. Please click here to read further details on the policy. You may also be asked to provide your previous performance ratings, where applicable, through the application process.
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The future is exciting. Ready?
London, Greater London
DevOps EngineerLondon £ Excellent Salary and Benefits on Offer Vodafone have recently gone into partnership with Google and are implementing Google Cloud Platform "GCP" across our global business t
Role Title: Solution Architect – Collaboration Services Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
Role Title: Global Programme Manager Location: Home Based At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excelle
Role Title: Tools Specialist – Agile Transformation Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and custo
Development Chapter LeadLocation: NewburySalary: £Competitive + Bonus and great benefits Vodafone UK is building a world-class engineering team across London and Newbury to push the boundaries, whilst
IP Network Specialist Farnborough You’ll be responsible for the design and build of a range of IP networks across multiple vendors and platforms. You’ll create detailed customer
Role Title: IoT Release Train Engineer Location: Newbury Vodafone IoT: Vodafone Internet of Things (IoT) is the world’s largest IoT service provider. Industry analysts have positioned Vodafone I
Role Title: IT Delivery Manager Location: Newbury Technology As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to
SOC Analyst (Shift work) FarnboroughSecurity Clearance required: DV level You will be part of a SOC team providing monitoring of SIEM systems, managed firewall and IPS services for both Vodafone a
Role Title: Senior Manager, Control Testing & Assurance Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
London, Greater London
Role Title: Data Scientist - Internet of Things (Consumer) Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years