Technical Domain Architect
The Vodafone Business IT (VBIT) department in Group Technology caters to IT needs of Vodafone Group Enterprise that includes four lines of businesses (Vodafone Global Enterprise, Vodafone Carrier Services, Internet of Things, and Cloud & Security Services), Product Management, Sales, Global Operations, etc. The function also builds re-usable assets that cater to the IT needs of Enterprise Business Units in a number of Vodafone Local Markets.
To support key strategic growth areas, the VBIT Architecture Team require a highly capable and experienced ‘Technical Domain Architect’ who will be responsible for the technical architecture of key IT capabilities supporting the current and future needs of Vodafone Business and the Enterprise Business Units in Vodafone Local Markets.
The role covers requirements analysis, business case definition, technical architecture definition with the domain & architecture leads, vendor & SI selection, management of the solution design, oversight of the build with the domains, solution acceptance, and control of benefits realisation with the business according to defined KPIs.
Within his/her key accountability, the Technical Domain Architect will interact with the business, finance, Supply chain, the domain leads, Delivery Managers, Test managers and the infrastructure & operation teams to define and deliver the committed roadmap to support Enterprise growth.
- Proven track record defining and governing complex technical architecture and solution designs in a Telco environment
- Sound overall knowledge of BSS application capabilities, integration, data design methodologies, Agile methodology, coding standards, version control, continuous deployment methodologies and industry best practices
- Strong communication, engagement, influencing and decision-making skills – able to deliver in a matrix environment and balance conflicting interests
- Capability to analyse complex Business processes, articulate and define complex architectures in a simple way to stakeholders underpinned by a structured analytical approach and high quality architectural artefacts and deliverables.
- Ability to translate Business Strategy and needs into IT Architecture Artefact for markets; estimate the financial impact of architectural alternatives. Ability to balance short term vs. strategic solutions to cater to conflicting demands.
- Knowledge of collaboration tools like: JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft SharePoint.
- Act as IT representative towards business and business representative towards IT for all Enterprise IT Domain processes and IT systems.
- Lead effort to identify and analyse business drivers to derive business, information, technical, and solution requirements and to analyse IT industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon Enterprise.
- Develop overall architecture approach for all layers of a solution
Application Guidance: We encourage our people to have powerful career conversations with their line managers and ask that your application is part of PD, mid-year review or development discussions. Please inform your line manager and HR Business Partner regarding your application as feedback may be sought from the hiring manager. Our Group internal transfer policy requires all internal applicants to have at least 2 years’ tenure within your current role. Please click here to read further details on the policy. You may also be asked to provide your previous performance ratings, where applicable, through the application process.
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?
Job Title: Assure IP Network Specialist Location: Farnborough Your role:You will be a part of an Secure Services Assure team in a Network Management Centre looking after multiple networks, providing
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Architect for Service Management Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and
IT Operations Authority – 258086 Location – Newbury HQSalary - £Competitive + Bonus + Generous Benefits What’s the role? As an IT Operation Authority you will work within one of the most progressive
Role Title: Big Data Analytics Principal Engineer Location: Paddington, UK Our team: Digital Solutions lead to play a key role in Customer Experience Insights team for evolving the next generatio
Role Title: CERT Specialist Location: Brentford At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
Role Title: Project Implementation Manager Location: Newbury Cyber Security At Vodafone Global Cyber Security, we help our customers remain secure and resilient in a world of increasingly sophisti
Role Title: Principal Solution Architect Location: Newbury or Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
Solution Architect (Automation and Robotics) - 000000250661 Location – Newbury HQ Salary: £competitive + Bonus and excellent Benefits! What’s the role? As a Solution Architect you will work within th
London, Greater London
Role Title: Quality Assurance Manager - Cellular Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pi