Technical Design Lead
Technical Design Lead – Newbury, Bracknell, Manchester, London
£excellent + great benefits
Technology at Vodafone
Millions of people interact with Vodafone Technology every day without even realising it. Our products deliver many essential services that critical to the lives of many different people. We connect all sorts of businesses including banks, shops and the media to and critical services such as the emergency services. Our technology and network is the backbone to everything we deliver and without it we wouldn’t have a business. That’s why we’re investing heavily in it and we need talented people to help us deliver the next wave of innovation.
About the role
A genuinely rare opportunity to be responsible for the design, development, documentation and delivery of OSS solutions into production environment, for new and existing systems within the OSS Support & Readiness (inventory) Domain.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Technical Design lead within OSS: evaluate new network and IT technologies, ensure systems are aligned to Vodafone strategy.
- Work with colleagues in OSS, IT Architecture, Network Architects, Service Designers, Business Analysts, customers, and vendors to develop and deliver both small and large development changes.
- Produce high quality, comprehensive and coherent IT specifications; Input for business cases, impact assessments. Lead the vendor engagement and deliver a SoW to meet project requirements. Ensure technical deliveries are on time, in budget, and to the correct standard.
- To support the third-line operational support teams in fault resolution where detailed OSS knowledge is required.
- To provide knowledge and expertise within and outside the Enterprise IT team, and provide leadership to cross-functional development and problem-solving teams.
Things we would consider critical for the role:
- Echnical knowledge across IP Networks
- Knowledge and experience of Inventory systems and tools e.g. Amdocs Cramer
- Knowledge of key network technologies including TCP/IP, DWDM, OTN, NFV/SDN, SSL/TLS, SSH, IP-VPN, SNMP , SOAP/XML
- Experience of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems desirable
- Previous experience in a Network/OSS design or development role will be desirable.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.