Location: Newbury HQ (Full-time remote working during COVID-19)
Salary: £Competitive + Bonus and Benefits
Hours: 37.5 Hours a week
Vodafone UK IT is the intelligence, the platforms and tools that enable our products and services. Be part of the team that develops and runs our IT platforms, driving innovation in how we deliver new products and capabilities to our customers and the rest of the business.
The UK Automation & Robotics domain uses cutting edge, market leading technologies to develop ‘no-code’ and ‘low-code’ applications to automate activity across our business.
In order to be successful our automation platforms will need to integrate with a wide variety of systems, platforms and databases, we will need to understand in detail our systems interactions and create low level designs that allow us to build highly efficient, fully automated solutions.
The role of the Technical Design Engineer, working closely with the Solution Architect is to develop the high-level design into an end-to-end low-level systems design. Detailed understanding of the systems integrations, connectivity, security and platform capabilities will be required in order to deliver performant, efficient solutions to production.
What will you be doing?
- Work with the solution architect, BS&A, Proxy PO and development and delivery teams to design and implement solutions and projects within the Automation Domains
- Define and maintain standards for Automation platforms
- Support development and operational teams to overcome technical challenges, resolve blocker and issues.
- Provide add-hoc scripting/robotic/technical solutions to migrations, new deployments and operational issues.
- To provide knowledge and expertise within and outside the Enterprise IT team, for cross-functional development, low level solutions design and problem solving.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience of working with a wide range of technical and business senior stakeholders
- Good knowledge of and skills in scripting and programming
- Detailed technical disciplines and platform management
- Knowledge of Operating Systems, including Linux and Windows, with detailed knowledge in at least one to RHCE/MCSE standard
- Networking concepts and protocols including TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, SOAP/Rest, PPP, HTTP, DNS. Ideally certified to a minimum of CCNA (or similar
- Knowledge of physical, virtual and cloud infrastructure, understanding SaaS solutions and their appropriate uses
- Strong skills around data technologies such as RDBMs, NO-SQL, LDAP as well as an understanding around ETL best practice
- Experience with integration technologies, Tibco, webMethods or others
- Experience of working as a contributor in a management team, supporting and collaborating with colleagues
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical discipline
What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
The future is exciting.