Technical Adviser - Newbury
Job title - Technical Adviser
Locations considered - Manchester or Newbury
The Technical Adviser role provides crucial support for less complex Vodafone customer requirements and is the entry point to the Solution Design job family. This is a critical desk-based role that facilitates the translation of customer requests into validated orderable solutions and supports the Enterprise sales channel’s ‘beat-rate’ business by reducing the order to cash time and improving customer satisfaction.
The Technical Adviser is responsible for providing technical pre-and post-sales support for low complexity customer requirements. In the capacity of Solution Owner, the Technical Adviser will be accountable for managing requirements, creating and validating the solution design. For larger opportunities the Technical Adviser will contribute to a virtual team led by the agreed Solution Owner.
The Technical Adviser will be required to capture and validate the customer business and technical requirements against a set of standard technical solutions, design an appropriate solution using standard Vodafone products and services, and then work with members of the Sales teams to respond to the customer. Should the design requirement prove to be complex or non-standard then the Technical Adviser should use an escalation path to a Solution Consultant, Customer Solution Authority or Principal Consultant.
The Technical Adviser will work with other members of the Vodafone team, including: Sales, Solution Owner, Projects Managers, Delivery, Service and Commercial Management to ensure that solutions designed are fit for purpose and can be readily deployed and operated by Vodafone in a profitable manner. The Technical Adviser will have a good understanding of the products and services within the Vodafone Service Catalogue, the underpinning technologies and the internal processes involved from quotation through to delivery.
Key activities for the Technical Adviser map across the Sales to Delivery lifecycle for low- complexity new solutions and incremental changes to existing customer solutions:
Responding to enquiries (Commercial / Service / Technical)
• Confirming current technical configuration
• Assisting in sales qualification through evaluation of requirements against technical options
• Validating solution specification
• Identifying cost elements for delivery and support of solution
• Responsible for ensuring all proposed solutions are designed using the agreed Design Methodology
• Responsible for understanding, capturing and managing customer requirements
• Responsible for translating customer requirements into Vodafone product-set and producing design documentation according to agreed Vodafone standards
• Responsible for liaising with Product Management an d other ‘subject matter experts’ where additional product knowledge is required
Providing cost elements for quotes
• Identification of solution cost components
• Creation of Kit List, Bill of Materials and other Solution Infrastructure Costs
Support for order process
• Technically validating solution specification
• Completion of technical aspects of order
• Participation in relevant sales and delivery governance processes relating to the technical solution
• Responding to queries on technical requirements and specification
• Responding to escalations relating to clarifications/problems in technical design
• Representation of the Solution Design organisation in both customer and internal engagements and demonstration of its standards inrespect of professionalism and best practice
• Awareness of, and adherence to, any local processes for the Solution Design organisation that may be in operation
Our Technical Advisers typically exhibit the following skills:
• An understanding of the Vodafone Solution Design methodology
• Ability to practice Solution Ownership for low-complexity solutions together with the requirements capture process and expected outputs
• An understanding of Vodafone order and delivery processes
• Adept at problem solving using innovation and initiative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally in a customer-facing environment
• Effective interpersonal and analytical skills
• Able to work in real and virtual teams effectively
• Willingness to develop and adapt to meet changing client and market expectations
• A team player willing to support and work with others
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them.
Vodafone is committed to making reasonable adjustments for all candidates considered to have a disability during the recruitment assessment process. Should you meet the minimum criteria for the role you are applying to, we will contact you to discuss the reasonable adjustments that you may need.
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Customer Operations Specialist Location: Manchester Role Profile: Group Enterprise Operations (GEO) provide customer and technical support globally to Vodafone’s Enterprise customers. Group Enterpr
Senior Service LeadLocation: Manchester Role purposeThe Senior Service Lead’s primary role will be to lead and manage a team of Service Management ‘experts’, ensuring their colleagues are supported,
Service Relationship ManagerNewbury or London Role purpose The Service Relationship Management team, part of the UK Enterprise Major Business function, own the service relationship within nominated c
Customer Engagement SpecialistDigital Journey TransformationNewbury Vodafone Business UKWhen it comes to taking care of business – our Vodafone Business teams have got it covered. We provide compelli