Supply Planning Lead
Competitive salary + Excellent benefits
In 1985, we made the first mobile call in the UK and recently we launched 5G. With your experience in supply chain demand or supply, could you help us to continue to create work worthy to shout about?
As a Supply Chain Lead, on a day to day basis you will involve:
• Taking ownership of all inventory activity from point of PO to removal from sale. Influence commercial, marketing and portfolio teams to ensure that right decisions taken at right time to achieve Vodafone’s objectives.
• Running collaborative inbound planning meetings with vendors, ensuring all targets will be met via a well-managed/communicated process.
• Simplifying and improving supply chain processes including building collaborative relationships across Terminals team and vendors, measuring performance of self and vendors to achieve supply chain excellence. Engage in Group Terminals and VPC projects.
• Working proactively with Terminals portfolio/marketing/commercial to (1)- launch new products successfully, ensuring all parts of the supply chain are informed and ready to manage each product by the launch date (2) – balance their needs and targets with those of Supply Chain, finding a suitable compromise (terms/inventory) and best decision for Vodafone where needed.
• Ensuring that inventory optimisation rules are applied and vendors adhere to the commercial terms and SC guidelines through good governance. Minimise obsolete stock, proactively communicate to relevant teams, drive commercial decisions to reduce it and coordinate the disposal of it when needed.
Digital transformation is a journey not a one off-event for us here at Vodafone. It needs to be nurtured and grown by talented people who experiment, fail fast and innovate at pace.
We continually experiment with ways to make our journeys more intuitive, simple and enjoyable. And we’re constantly testing and trialing ways to give customers faster access to our services, more flexibility - and the richest, most rewarding experience.
In this role you will be mainly be responsible for maximising on time customer availability of products whilst balancing business risk on inventory value.
To be successful in this role you will have the following experience:
• People Management – large team management and ability to flex team.
• Analytical Mind-set – large data buckets of information and ability to sift data for presentation and numerical analysis.
• Expertise in use of stock and planning systems to manage stock inbound, allocations and replenishment.
• Utilise demand planning and vendor relationships to optimise KPI performance
• Taking ownership of vendor portfolio once confirmed, apply knowledge of new product intro\end of life to drive an effective supply plan
So if you have the right mindset and the desire to help us to continue to create award-winning digital experiences – joining our Vodafone Digital team could be for you.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.