Supply Chain Manager
About the role
This is a pivotal role within our supply chain team that will help shape the product and future of our IT strategy. As well providing commercial support to Vodafone UK through end to end management of the procurement process for high/medium risk, high/medium value procurement activities.
Due to the technical nature of the role, the successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in procurement / commercial specifically within IT.
This is a rare chance to join our focussed supply chain team in Newbury, working across Vodafone’s operations in the UK, in a role that will genuinely help define our IT strategy.
As a Supply Chain Manager your main responsibilities will include:
• Liaise with the VPC (Vodafone Procurement Company) Category manager for categories where a Global category plan is applicable. Ensure UK Operating company’s views and requirements are understood during the strategy development and represent the UK Operating Company in any subsequent negotiations to deliver best value for the business.
• Where a local category plan is applicable, develop a local procurement strategy (local category plan), with internal stakeholders, which seeks out business opportunities, capitalises on current market conditions and challenges business requirements.
• Manage the procurement process for key projects, working with the VPC lead for global categories and contracts, ensuring the selection of suppliers with the capability to meet our needs, high service standards, efficient execution and competitive costs.
• Assist the business in driving robust demand management practices to deliver the best possible outcomes for cost, quality, delivery, and ensure supplier pricing and budgets are interlocked with Finance.
• Drive cost reduction opportunities, understand total cost of ownership and work with key suppliers to implement value-add initiatives.
• Identify and deliver commercial best practices and synergy benefits through effective collaboration with peers in other Operating Companies, and Global Supply Chain.
• Ensure appropriate governance is in place for key suppliers and contracts to include strategic vendor management and robust implementation and execution of Commercial Contract Management principles.
• Act as a true business partner in managing stakeholder relations at all levels including senior stakeholders. Influence, challenge and drive change to add incremental value. Drive SCM engagement and relevance to get the right result for the business
• Be an active member of the UK Supply Chain Team taking on additional ad-hoc projects and tasks as required to facilitate the development of the department and raise the functions profile within the Company.
• Demonstrable experience in procurement/commercial specifically within IT.
• Experienced contracts negotiator who challenges the business requirements.
• Proficient knowledge of contract law.
• Experienced in strategic sourcing and supplier management.
• Good understanding of financial modelling and total cost of ownership.
Vodafone Way Behaviours:
ONE COMPANY, LOCAL ROOTS - We work across Vodafone to achieve the best outcome for customers, employees and shareholders.
CUSTOMER OBSESSED - We are passionate about exceeding customer expectations and bring the customer experience to every decision.
INNOVATION HUNGRY - We create and deliver new products, services and ways of working that delight our customers.
SPEED, SIMPLICITY & TRUST – We quickly seek simple solutions to problems and take pride in eliminating complexity.
AMBITIOUS & COMPETITIVE – We deliver the best in class
Please note that all candidates internal and external will be subject to baseline security checks and we reserve the right to terminate employment for anyone that does not meet our minimum vetting requirements.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us on email@example.com
London, Greater London
Role Title: Sales Manager - Russia Location: London Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer exc
London, Greater London
Supply Chain Business Partner – Content Permanent London or Newbury G band We are looking for a Supply Chain Business Partner who will provide commercial support to the Consumer Commercial team at Vo