Location: London, Speechmark (Southwark) (Full-time remote working during COVID-19)
COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee safety. As part of this we have moved to a virtual hiring and onboarding process until further notice.
Vodafone UK Corporate functions work within the heart of our business, providing professional expertise, support and guidance across all operations, revolutionising our digital growth by always moving, always adapting, to be ready for the future.
What will you be doing?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategy & Business Development Manager to join our Strategy & Business Development team in Vodafone UK.
In this role you will be working across both M&A and Strategy gathering, analysing and testing hypotheses to identify potential merger, acquisition, commercial opportunities & develop specific operational & competitive models to test and drive key board level decisions across Vodafone.
- Support Vodafone Strategy and Business Development team to identify, consider, review and recommend selected merger and acquisition opportunities or commercial partnerships
- Perform comprehensive financial modelling and valuation for selected opportunities
- Support and co-ordinate the evaluation of selected M&A opportunities, providing direction to business heads, supervising input from external advisors, co-ordinating compliance, tax, due diligence, financial, legal, etc.
- Prepare M&A / partnership proposals for board/GMT review and decision
- Develop appropriate approach/methodology for the analytical modelling factoring in competitor actions and reactions; and other sensitivities
- Build commercial and financial excel models to analyse strategic issues that sit at the foundation of key strategy projects; ensuring models are sufficiently flexible to enable changes in key assumptions
- Support Senior Strategy Managers with the completion of strategy recommendations (e.g. presentations) socialising model inputs and outputs (e.g. conclusions) with key stakeholders
- Contribute perspectives to the broader team on how Vodafone can enhance its strategic position in the market vs. competitors
Who are we looking for?
- A Strategy Consultant/ Associate from a Strategy House with experience providing sound analysis & hypothesis for board level review.
- Excellent quantitative skills and modelling capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication/ collaboration skills
- Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity
- Ability to create board level presentations
- Interest in the Telco/ Tech sector
- Bachelors/ Masters degree
What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.