The Solution Architect (SA) is responsible for creating the customer solution, Statement of works, associated costs and High Level Design to support the proposal. The role will primarily interface into Sales, Commercial, Legal, Supplier Management, Product, Practice and Service functions to ensure that the solution that is proposed is capable of being built and operated for the cost defined within the proposal. The Solution Architect will work closely with the customer and account team to refine the requirements providing guidance and expertise in relation to the Vodafone product portfolio. Leveraging the standard products and services within the Enterprise Product Catalogue. Influencing the Sales, Account Team strategy whilst providing subject matter expertise into the customers’ architectural decisions, as required.
The SA will have the capability to design and lead customer workshops and presentations, to establish and maintain an excellent understanding of the customer’s business and technology needs to shape and translate the solutions fit to the Vodafone Group Enterprise products and Service Portfolio. Ensuring our offer generates the value and business outcome desired by the customer.
The role holder may lead a small virtual design team, and act as end-end solution authority across multi-portfolio solutions. Supporting the creation of relevant documentation during the pre-sales solution life cycle. Including but not limited to RFP material and contract schedules in collaboration with the wider Bid Team. Ultimately accountable for ensuring the High level Design is accepted by the customer and can be translated into the Low Level Design post award.
This role is based in the Northern Europe Region, and will deal predominantly with opportunities where the customer decision makers are based in the region. The nature of Vodafone Global Enterprise customers means some travel is to be expected in this customer-facing role. The customers this role will be dealing with are large multinationals and many designs will be multi-country in nature.
With us you will:
- Capture and interpret customer requirements, and design complex custom solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Build accurate scalable cost models and provide input into pricing strategy
- Identify and document any risks to the solution
- Document solution in RFP responses, proposals and Statement of Works/High Level Designs.
- Ensure solutions are deliverable in timeframes committed and have passed all appropriate VGE solution governance. Solutions should be scalable, repeatable, and utilizing existing standard services as much as possible.