At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
The Solution Architect role is accountable for providing subject matter expertise for connectivity and security product and solutions mainly for private fixed/mobile network requirements. The role will be responsible for working with PCS, Sales and also directly with customers in order to:
- Assess the feasibility for private fixed/mobile network requirements
- Design, cost, and document the complex customer solution to be offered to customers with focus’s on private mobile network requirements.
- Drive development and execution of rapid prototyping of new service capability into test and live PoC environments.
- Create a documentation framework to evaluate, assess and present PoC results to customers
- Define and build test scenarios, use cases, success criteria and standardized process
The Solution Architect will respond to requests for complex/bespoke of new technology solutions like eLTE and 5G from the customer, but will also be accountable for pro-actively creating new opportunities to deploy bespoke solutions within the customer’s environment and for evangelising customer and market requirements into the Vodafone Product and Group Technology functions.
The Solution Architect will work closely with other members of the Vodafone team, in Product Practice and not only, including: the technical community, Projects & Programmes, Service and Commercial managers, to ensure that the solution deployed is fit for purpose and can be readily deployed and operated byVodafone.
The nature of Vodafone customers means some travel is to be expected in this customer-facing role. The customers this role will be dealing with are large multinationals and many designs will be multi-country in nature.
The primary responsibility for this role is to provide customer-specific specialist solution design activities during the Sales and Customer Engagement cycle that help to build and shape a compelling business proposition, delivering tangible business value and a return on investment. As such the Solution Architect will act as the Solution Authority for single product/portfolio bids where they are the sole solution designer, or will own a design tower within a larger bid where they work into the overall Solution Authority.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Capture and interpret customer requirements, and design complex and custom mobile/fixed solutions to meet customer requirements. Able to help “sell” the solution by providing clear links between business challenges and solutions as an enabler to solve these.
- Build accurate scalable cost models and provide input into pricing strategy
- Document solution in RFP responses, proposals and High Level Designs.
- Cooperating with and coordinating different departments of the company at central and local level, e.g Product Management, Legal & Regulatory, operational support and obtain necessary support for the definition of solution proposals
- Supporting the selection of suppliers to deliver shared and managed services: define requirements, select supplier, and, if necessary, participate in contract negotiation
- Ability to relate fixed and mobile security and connectivity services, processes, IT and people/organisation to provide a coherent solution with a strong focus on the customer experience.
- Excellent knowledge level in mobile network design, security and connectivity services for fixed and/or mobile network, with deep knowledge of RAN design, Backhauling transmission technologies (MW, OFDM, VSAT), LAN/WiFi, SDN, IP-VPN, and Security.
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills, having worked within multi-disciplinary virtual teams, ideally in the telecoms or IT sector, providing complex mobile/fix network solutions.
- Ability to present to internal stakeholders and up to C-level customers in a Sales engagement – specifically proven experience in being an industry SME in fixed/mobile connectivity solutions with the capability to run innovation & thought leadership workshops to build customer strategy (like 5G evolution) beyond current requirements.
- Commercial Awareness. Ability to identify and apportion the cost components of complex solutions and to understand the resulting commercial viability.
- Relevant higher education in a related field
- Must have demonstrable deep subject matter expertise in designing complex fixed/mobile connectivity solutions, including an excellent knowledge of competitor offerings and technology evolution.
- Experience with IT Managed Services desired, preferably with ITIL, eTOM or TOGAF experience
- 7+ years’ experience in dealing with large corporate customers in a solution design or consultancy role
- International experience desirable (working internationally and/or working with global solutions)
Application Guidance: We encourage our people to have powerful career conversations with their line managers and ask that your application is part of PD, mid-year review or development discussions. Please inform your line manager and HR Business Partner regarding your application as feedback may be sought from the hiring manager. Our Group internal transfer policy requires all internal applicants to have at least 2 years’ tenure within your current role. Please click here to read further details on the policy. You may also be asked to provide your previous performance ratings, where applicable, through the application process.
Internal Development: Across our Global footprint, we embrace internal movement and development and offer our employees the world of opportunities to achieve your career aspirations. Across our diverse workforce, we empower our people, enrich their experience and offer the chance to give something back through our Vodafone Foundation and Mobile for Good. As one company with local roots, we are supportive of international moves and relocation.
We believe in a fair and robust interview process and all you will be interviewed and assessed through The Vodafone Way behaviours. To read full details of The Vodafone Way click here.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how he is listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here.
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?
Role Title: Coe Oracle Solution Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellenc
Role Title: Infosecurity Specialist Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence a
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Customer Project ManagerManchester basedPermanent Are you an experienced Project Manager seeking a new opportunity? As a Project Manager you will be responsible for delivering large complex projects
London, Greater London
Role Title: Data Scientist - Internet of Things (Consumer) Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years
Field Technician Field based – North East LondonReporting into Gavin Whitbread Are you ready to join our Field Engineering team? In this role you will play an integral part of the team, installing and
Job title: Big Data Engineer Location: Newbury Your Role The Big Data Engineer provides expert guidance and delivers through self and others to source and integrate structured and unstructured data
Role Title: BSS & Integration Enterprise Architecture Senior Manager, Principal Architect Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisor
Service Management & Reporting Specialist Location – NewburyPermanent - Part time role (3 Days per week) About the role Vodafone has a long standing contractual obligation to manage and operate Nat
Role Title: Cloud Platform Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence
Role Title: Business Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30