Solution Architect – Big Data
Role Title: Big Data Enterprise Architect
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
The Enterprise IT Delivery department caters to IT/IS needs of vertical business units in Vodafone Group responsible for Carrier Services, Internet of Things, Cloud & Security Services, Unified Comms and Connectivity, each with their own portfolio of products and services, and relevant business functions in Group Technology. The function also builds re-usable assets that cater to the IT/IS needs of Enterprise Business Units in a number of Vodafone Local Markets.
To support key strategic growth areas, we require a highly capable and experienced ‘DATA & ANALYTICS EA’ to lead the Enterprise Architecture for all the data domain. The role will accountable for the channel architecture across processes, technology and people. This role includes building the Enterprise Roadmap for Big Data and Analytics, leading the data architecture team and will help shape our MDM initiatives. The individual should have a broad understanding of technologies and be able to interact with senior business stakeholders.
Joining us as an Big Data Enterprise Architect in Group Technology you will be accountable for managing the delivery of transitional and target state IT architectures and capability designs for a diverse range of transformation and tactical initiatives across multiple Business Units. The Future is exciting. Ready?”
With us you will:
- Deliver innovative and pragmatic IT Enterprise and Capability Architectures in line with business needs for the Data domain
- Demonstrate the capability to operate at all levels of seniority and create compelling communications that meet the disparate needs of the stakeholder groups, underpinned by solid methodology based/structured approach that yields up tangible architectural artefacts and deliverables.
- Participate in the design and execution of Architectural Governance across the relevant stakeholders and participating Vodafone organisations
- Support the early life definition of Programmes and Projects including shaping and definition of scope, and input into Business Cases e.g. Estimation, Impact Analysis etc.
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to work at Enterprise level in a highly visible role and take ownership for the Big Data model.
Apply if you have:
- Demonstrable and recent track record of delivering an architecture service on projects that span multi-disciplinary areas preferably working with business customers
- Sound overall knowledge of application capabilities, integration, data design methodologies and industry best practices
- Candidate should have skills in Enterprise Architecture, Business Intelligence, Reporting, Big Data, Analytics, Artifical Intelligence (including Machine Learning), Real time decisioning, ETL, Cloud, Data modelling, MDM
- Ability to translate Business Strategy and needs into IT Architecture blueprints for markets; estimate the financial impact of architectural alternatives. Ability to balance short term vs. strategic solutions to cater to conflicting demands.
- Experience of managing and leading a team
We’re happy if you:
- Working knowledge and/or experience of delivering solutions architectures and designs for Enterprise Business Units in telco environments
- Working knowledge of TOGAF (Enterprise Architecture framework), TM Forum Frameworx (industry specific Process, Application, and Information frameworks), and UML (modelling standard)
- Experience with E2E modelling tools such as Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect or IBM Rationale System/Software Architect)
- Experience with managing third parties required to participate in the definition of architectures, ensuring continuity of design with all internal aspects
- Excellent communication (both written and spoken), negotiation and presentation skills
What is the key to our success? It’s simple – our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, our flexible working policies to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.
We are committed to developing the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. Our excellent flexible benefits programme allows you to choose what’s right for you. Our Vodafone Foundation gives the ability for our people to give something back. We embrace empowering our people to shape their world.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how he is listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here
If you have any questions left
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?
Role Title: Enterprise ArchitectLocation: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the co
Role Title – Cloud Commercial Manager Location – Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellenc
Information Security Specialist Newbury An excellent opportunity for an information security specialist to develop and manage solutions to ensure the security of electronic and paper based data th
Role Title: MDM Software Engineer Location: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of th
Role Title: Location: Baird House, Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 count
Lead Automation Engineer Newbury Competitive salary + excellent benefits Interested in automation & digitalisation and how you can use this to transform todays workplace? As an Automation Engineer you
London, Greater London
Solution Design AuthorityLondon Smale House The purpose of this role is to provide bespoke, detailed customer designs and technical ownership to the businesses high profile accounts through the util
PEGA DeveloperNewbury / BracknellCompetitive salary + excellent benefits Automating work processes & developing the business for the future. Developers work collaboratively in scrum teams of between 5
Field Engineer Location- Scotland (25%- 30% travel time) Whats the role? This is a great opportunity to join a core team within Vodafone to provide a professional Field Engineering service for a spe
Role Title: Engagement Manager Location: Newbury Vodafone Group Business partners with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our total communications solutions. W
Role Title: IDAM Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 cou