The Vodafone Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio is designed specifically to meet the needs of new and evolving businesses, growing at a rapid pace in a digital world with a mission to connect 1 billion things by 2025 for a better future.
In order to continue Vodafone’s leadership position, and to drive it further, Vodafone Group has identified the need to establish and grow its strength in IoT Digital Services, with the ambition of becoming a leading provider of IoT Solutions building on our industry leading position with Managed IoT Connectivity.
As the Software Engineer you will be responsible for the development of various IoT products, services, features and framework modules and the development testing functions in order to provide the assurance that the agreed quality SLA’s can be achieved and maintained before being released into production.
As such, this is a critical role in terms of customer perception and will directly impact the success/reputation of Vodafone’s IoT product offering and its ability to achieve the forecasted revenue targets. The role holder will work in the Channels team, focus on the integration aspects of the code deliver by suppliers.
• To deliver IoT software as per said requirements, managing all aspects of software deployment and continuous integration
• Proficient in problem determination, troubleshooting, root cause analysis.
• Identify and recommend process improvements from time-to-time.
• Experience working with Vendor for Incident and Problem resolution.
• Automate tasks using Unix shell-scripting, python.
• Document and Provide technical guidelines and best practices to Operations and Development teams.
• Work closely with the architecture and product teams to ensure requirements can be realised and avoid unnecessary engineering costs later in the development process
• Experience of modern API technologies
• Experience in software design and development patterns
• Industry experience with Software Platforms in Linux/ Solaris/Windows platforms.
• Solid understanding of server technologies - Apache, WebLogic Server, Tomcat
This role is a unique opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer in the Telecommunication area as Vodafone looks to retain its competitive leadership position in IoT through continuous high levels of solution stability and reliability.