Software Development Team Lead - Internet of Things
Role Title: Software Development Team Lead
The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a new way of connecting our 500 million customers globally to the world of Internet of Things.
We’re a team of fearless, restless visionaries in a completely new technology, on a mission to create world-changing products that connect people to their homes, their smart devices, and the things they love. Using our smart V SIM card, innate objects can now be controlled and monitored from anywhere at anytime, giving people the opportunity to do things they have never done before, offering freedom, security and control on a new level.
We have already launched 15 products in 7 markets internationally …and we just can’t stop!
We are seeking like-minded intrepid explorers to join us. People that aren’t afraid to take risks. The daring ones, the trailblazers, the pioneers!
As Principal Manager Software Development in Consumer IoT you’re a leading part of our global development team and you are responsible for building digital products from scratch as well as evolving existing solutions we have built. You love solving problems, you’re willing to embrace the unknown, and you’re able to work cross-functionally in distributed teams. You’ll join a dedicated team of specialists committed to producing world-changing products in the digital industry in the space of IoT.
You share our prioritization of user centricity and passion for learning and experimenting. You’ll work with a team of experienced developers whom you will inspire to come up with the next big thing. Given your experience in software development you will inspire the team to grow by sharing your knowledge with them and mentoring individuals. Being open for learning new things from the team, our customers and beyond in the exiting new fields of IoT for consumers is a must have.
We’re looking for a creative, entrepreneurial and positive team player who is a real expert in leading world class software development teams.
- Develop software for a continuously growing platform in a explorative space of IoT for consumers
- Mentor and grow a team of world class software developers
- Design architecture that is simple, scalable, secure and serves the needs of our customers
- Set quality standards and drive continuous improvement.
- Shape how software development teams work and how we collaborate in large scale agile product delivery team teams
- Experienced: You have at least 6-8 years of experience working with Java or Python
- Passionate: You love working with code and developing people
- Quality focused: You understand what it means to write SOLID, well tested code
- Agile: You are comfortable with change and working on a broad variety of topics
- A strong communicator: You are humble but opinionated and can serve as an intellectual sparring partner. You are a good coach for your team.
- Education: You have work which speaks for itself, whether you are self-taught or have school credentials
- Deep knowledge of large scale software development projects and delivery in agile environments, ideally consumer services.
- Deep experience in software development with Java, Python
- Experience in designing and developing microservice-based solutions
- Experience in leading software development teams
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Broad experience and skills in the area of IT and/or Telecommunications and/or IoT
- Dedicated support and mentoring
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
- Annual company bonus
- 28 day’s holiday
- Contributory company pension scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/consumer-internet-of-things
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?
London, Greater London
Role Title: Personal Assistant Location: London Paddington Vodafone Group Business partners with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our total communications
Delivery Escalations Specialist NewburyCompetitive salary + excellent benefits As a Delivery Escalations Specialist you will be responsible for managing all orders that have been either expedited fo
Role Title: Product Architect Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across
Job Title: Mobile Services Senior Engineer Business Area: Vodafone Secure Sector Location: Farnborough Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance About Voda
Job Title: Network Design Lead Business Area: Vodafone Secure Sector Location: Farnborough Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance About Vodafone Secure
Role Title: SOX Manager Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 cou
Role Title: Cyber Risk Manager Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acro
Field Engineer – Mobile & Fixed Telecommunication Permanent – Field BasedSouth Wales & Swindon Region Looking to cross skill? Become one of our Field based engineers that can deliver best in class Fi
Field Technician – Telecommunication Permanent – Field BasedManchester Region Looking to cross skill? Become one of our Field based engineers that can deliver best in class Fixed & Mobile solutions t
Role Title:Cloud Senior Architect Location: Newbury, UK At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence
SOC Analyst (Shift work) FarnboroughSecurity Clearance required: DV level You will be part of a SOC team providing monitoring of SIEM systems, managed firewall and IPS services for both Vodafone a