Location: Newbury, Vodafone HQ (Full-time remote working during COVID-19)
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Hours: 37.5 Mon-Fri
Safety notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee safety. As part of this we have moved to a virtual hiring and onboarding process until further notice.
We innovate, invent and continuously improve, Vodafone UK Digital works within the heart of our business. Empowering Vodafone’s mission of being a digital-first company is in everything we do.
What will you be doing?
We're looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join our Digital Engineering team in Newbury, bringing with you a broad range of experiences and a passion for modern development technologies and practices.
In this role you’ll be reporting to a Chapter Lead who is responsible for your career development, but you'll also be part of a development squad, charged with developing, testing and deploying new features and capability within our platform. Working within a Scrum squad, you'll refine, plan and implement user stories ensuring the quality and integrity of the platform through appropriate technology, standards and best practice. You'll strive to continuously learn, develop and improve the services and your own skills.
Who are we looking for?
- You will have hands on development of micro-services as part of a development squad using Scrum/Kanban.
- A background in driving the quality and performance of owned micro-services, through the use of standards and best practices.
- Establishing a culture of continuous improvement through learning, training and coaching.
- Excellent background in designing and developing RESTful APIs within a micro-services architecture.
- Extensive commercial experience of Java.
- Testing your code through the use of TDD/BDD and associated tools
- Ability to support and coach junior developers.
- Experience in AWS services.
- Use of Docker or other container management.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
Posting End Date: 05/03/2021