Senior Software Developer - Internet of Things
The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a new way of connecting our 500 million customers globally to the world of Internet of Things.
We’re a team of fearless, restless visionaries in a completely new technology, on a mission to create world-changing products that connect people to their homes, their smart devices, and the things they love. Using our smart V SIM card, innate objects can now be controlled and monitored from anywhere at anytime, giving people the opportunity to do things they have never done before, offering freedom, security and control on a new level.
We have already launched 15 products in 7 markets internationally …and we just can’t stop!
We are seeking like-minded intrepid explorers to join us. People that aren’t afraid to take risks. The daring ones, the trailblazers, the pioneers!
As a Software developer in Consumer IoT you’re an integral part of our global development team and you are responsible for building digital products from scratch as well as evolving existing solutions we have built. You love solving problems, you’re willing to embrace the unknown, and you’re able to work cross-functionally in distributed teams. You’ll join a dedicated team of specialists committed to producing world-changing products in the digital industry in the space of IoT.
In the role you’ll share our prioritization of user centricity and passion for learning and experimenting. You’ll work with a team of experienced developers whom you will inspire to come up with the next big thing. Given your experience in software development you will inspire the team to grow by sharing your knowledge with them and mentoring individuals. Being open for learning new things from the team, our customers and beyond in the exiting new fields of IoT for consumers is a must have.
We’re looking for a creative, entrepreneurial and positive team player. In return, we promise to give you the runway to experiment, learn and built the future of Consumer IoT.
- Develop software for a continuously growing platform in a explorative space of IoT for consumers
- Create and design infrastructure based on state of the art cloud infrastructure
- Design architecture that is simple, scalelable, secure and serves the needs of our customers
- Set quality standards
- Shape how you work and what you work on in collaboration with a great team
- Experienced: You have at least 5 years of experience working with Java or Python
- Passionate: You love working with code
- Quality focused: You understand what it means to write SOLID, well tested code
- Agile: You are comfortable with change and working on a broad variety of topics
- A strong communicator: You are humble but opinionated and can serve as an intellectual sparring partner. You are also friendly (or at least an extroverted introvert)
- Education: You have work which speaks for itself, whether you are self-taught or have school credentials
- Deep knowledge of software development projects and delivery in agile environments.
- Deep experience in software development with Java, Python
- Experience in designing and developing microservice-based solutions
- Experience in working with cloud infrastructure and native cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Broad experience and skills in the area of IT and/or Telecommunications and/or IoT
- Dedicated support and mentoring
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
- Annual company bonus
- 28 day’s holiday
- Contributory company pension scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/consumer-internet-of-things
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?
London, Newbury or Manchester
Role: Unified Communications Solution Architect Location: Newbury HQ, London or Manchester £ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer A senior customer facing role providing technical leadersh
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Commercial Manager Location: London or Newbury Our Team: Group Business Commercial OperationsThis is a chance to join a growing Cloud Commercial team within Vodafone. We are goin
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
Role Title: Senior IoT Strategy & Ecosystems Manager Location: Newbury / London At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency
Role: IT Technical Delivery Manager Location: Newbury HQSalary: £competitive + excellent benefits Is this role for you? As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will be responsibility for the delivery of
Programme Manager Newbury or London based Permanent Are you a Customer facing Programme Manager looking for your next role? As a Programme Manager you will be responsible for leading large customer f