Senior Service Lead
Senior Service Lead
The Senior Service Lead’s primary role will be to lead and manage a team of Service Management ‘experts’, ensuring their colleagues are supported, developed and are able to make the most of their careers at Vodafone. This role combines both direct line management for a number of colleagues as well being a ‘manager of managers’.
The Senior Service Lead will have a good understanding of the products and services within the Vodafone portfolio, a good knowledge of the customers that comprise Major Business and considerable insight into the business and technology issues facing large enterprises. The Senior Service Lead will drive continuous service improvement and service development, increasing overall customer satisfaction and improving customer Net Promotor Scores (NPS).
The Senior Service Lead should be a role model willing to coach/mentor and develop other members of their team, as well as manage their own professional development.
The Senior Service Lead is responsible for these key activities:
· Establish individual team member’s Performance Goals aligned to the team goals
· Establish individual Development Goals aligned to ‘The Vodafone Way’ and the skills and capabilities required of the role
· Have regular, high quality one-to-one conversations with each team member as part of the Performance Dialogue process
· Coach, guide and give feedback to individual team members in order to help them build on their strengths, improve and sustain their performance and develop their potential.
· Assess performance and drive a high-performance culture.
· Ensure correct, timely and accurate completion of the required forecasting and time recording tools for your team.
· Develop and coach/mentor members of your team and support their Development Goals.
· Ensure colleagues are adhering to best practice ensuring peer review of all outputs.
· Host engaging team meetings.
· Support the Major Business leadership team and promote the team in your interactions with other areas of the business.
· Be a ‘role model’ in your approach, appearance and attitude.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
· Sound understanding of the underlying theories underpinning professional disciplines in the function – specifically, ITIL Service Management principles and best practice.
· Strong communication skills to guide, influence and convince others (including customers, partners and third parties). Excellent external communication is required (up to CxO level).
· Internal negotiation within Vodafone, often at a senior level.
· Judgement based on analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated or new situations.
· Commercial awareness and industry knowledge in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the function (or part of the function).
· General business functions (including, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Strategy)
· Business cases and business case benefits realisation.
· The procurement/pre-contract/sales cycle.
· Customer intimacy - understand customers’ business, strategy and market environment; objectives; ambition and challenges.
· Resource optimisation through effective recruitment and strong performance management.
· Provide a point of escalation, supporting colleagues to ensure customer issues are dealt with appropriately.
· Identifies and manages the exposure to any type of risk, positive or negative, which may have an impact on the achievement business objectives.
Must have technical / professional qualifications
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
• Ability to present to internal stakeholders and up to C-level customers
• Analytical and critical thinking
The development and use of Service Management tools, processes and documentation, such as(SDP/SAM/CER/CID/COOM/Risk & Issue Log)
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Role Title: Shift Leader Location: Manchester Hours: Alternate days & nights – shift patterns vary across a set period Role Profile: Group Enterprise Operations (GEO) provide customer and techn
Role Title: Customer Solution Architect Location: Home / Customer Site At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and cust
Customer Service Advisor – based on client site Base location Oxford – covering client sites based in Swindon/ Gaydon/ Warwick/ High Wycombe/Heathrow/ Watford Hours: Monday 8am – Friday 6pm Must have
Service Manager Newbury The Service Relationship Management team, part of the UK Enterprise Major Business function, own the service relationship within nominated customer accounts. The team: •