Senior Project Manager
Role Title: Senior Project Manager
Vodafone Group Transformation lead and deliver exciting programmes and projects that span the Vodafone Group business. We are now seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead the delivery of key strategic transformation programmes, ideally utilising their experience with Agile methodologies to ensure delivery of tangible improvements throughout project lifecycle.
You will be responsible for executing all aspects of a variety of business-led diverse and complex projects. Operating to three key delivery strands: IT, Business Change and Continuous Process Improvement, these projects will require work stream design, planning, quality control, risk management, deployment management, communication and cost management.
In addition, you will monitor and manage critical paths, contingencies, scope changes, budgets, labour and non-labour, ensuring accurate and timely reporting and escalation to the Head of Delivery. The Project Manager undertakes projects from the original concept through to the final implementation and has overall accountability for ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of new and enhanced business capabilities that meet or exceed expectations.
In return you will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package with Vodafone in an incredible working environment at our Newbury HQ – with onsite gym, barista style coffee shops, canteen, hair saloon and more. You will work with a leading digital-telco organisation, playing a key role in driving positive change for the business through a wide variety of projects and programmes.
- Design the project work streams and approach (delivery model) and ensure these are risk assessed and signed off by the business sponsor
- Direct the delivery of project through active sponsorship, leadership and involvement in specific initiatives to ensure they meet time, cost and quality requirements
- Implement the governance process and manage work streams to deliver against the specified review, reporting and presentation structure
- Select, recruit and manage work stream leads to ensure the correct skill sets needed to deliver the project are in place
- Manage and control all RAAIDD items proactively
- Proactively prepare, manage and control project budgets
Ideally someone with Agile experience, as we aim to move towards more Agile ways of working. You will also have proven experience in the delivery of projects on time, on budget and to specification. Along with being an effective communicator and stakeholder manager, you will have a familiarity of financial processes and procedures with proficiency at controlling and reporting project and programme resource and financial position at all times.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Proven background of managing complex projects to quality, time and budget
- Extensive experience of Business Project Delivery experience
- Ability to maintain project plan & delivery schedule for all new and enhanced capabilities, functionality, products and services
- Effective communications and stakeholder management exists both within and outside the project team
- Prince 2 qualified or equivalent
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As we evolve into a truly digital company, Vodafone Group Enterprise uses the power of our Global network, operating companies and partner networks to confidently connect large corporation customers. Across our Carrier Services, Cloud & Hosting, Internet of Things (IoT), Product Management, Security and Sales/Marketing operations we connect and secure organisations in a rapid changing world and empower their people and consumers through our “ready business” total communication solutions. We believe, quite simply, that the answer for any business is to be ready for anything. Are you now ready for your career with us?
What is the key to our success? It’s simple – our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, our flexible working policies to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.
We are committed to developing the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. Our excellent flexible benefits programme allows you to choose what’s right for you. Our Vodafone Foundation gives the ability for our people to give something back. We embrace empowering our people to shape their world.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how he is listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here.
The future is exciting.
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com