Senior Manager UX / UI
Role: Senior Manager UX / UI
Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive…
The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a new way of connecting our 500 million customers globally to the world of Internet of Things.
We’re a team of fearless, restless visionaries in a completely new technology, on a mission to create world-changing products that connect people to their homes, their smart devices, and the things they love. Using our smart V SIM card, innate objects can now be controlled and monitored from anywhere at anytime, giving people the opportunity to do things they have never done before, offering freedom, security and control on a new level.
We have already launched 15 products in 7 markets internationally …and we just can’t stop!
We are seeking like-minded intrepid explorers to join us. People that aren’t afraid to take risks. The daring ones, the trailblazers, the pioneers!
As the head of product design for IoT you’ll lead the design vision and strategy for V apps, building compelling and creative experiences that strike a balance between our customer’s needs and business’s requirements. You will lead multiple product design projects creating magical experience for our customers. You embrace the Product principles and agility that comes from working within a Squad-based structure following lean and agile product and design principles collaborating.
Together with your team of designers and researchers, you will be accountable for delivery of UX insights and designs that support the product strategy. You and your team will work very closely with product owners and the engineering teams, organising changes to our digital applications to deliver optimisations built around our user’s needs.
The Head of Product Design is the creative heartbeat of our design and development teams. You are responsible for building amazing products and magical experiences for our customers. You are a passionate problem solver, have the customer at the heart of everything you do and are willing to embrace the unknown. You thrive in an environment with like-minded collaborative and creative people. You will be part of a dedicated team of specialists committed to producing world-changing products in the consumer tech industry. You will share our prioritisation of user centricity and passion for learning and experimenting and you will be responsible for getting these principles into products that surprise and delight our customers.
- Play a pivotal role in the Squad based product structure leading on the customer experience.
- Be a key member of delivering the product roadmap and your own budget (CAPEX and OPEX)
- Own usability and research studies to direct our design thinking and strategy
- Be part of the Product & Design leadership team
- Work within a lean and agile environment
- Drive the Squad based product and design based structure balancing your team sitting within the Squads as well as solving problems centrally within the design team
- 5+ years p Product Design and a track record of creating a culture and become in a culture amplifier in a startup environment
- Ideal but not necessary - Degree in design, design management, psychology, human-computer interaction or equivalent
- Excellent people management skills
- Created products from scratch with a product team
- Using an analytical and data-driven approach for creating user interfaces
- User-centric and you are capable to incorporate user insights and feedback into your design process
- Quick to bring ideas to life using prototyping tools like InVision, Figma, Zeplin and turn them to high-quality designs and final assets
- Familiar in designing for a wide range of devices and platforms and familiar with current web and mobile standards
What you can expect from us:
- Dedicated support and mentoring
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
- Annual company bonus
- 28 day’s holiday
- Contributory company pension scheme
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/consumer-internet-of-things
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
London, Greater London
Role Title: Online Sales & eCommerce Manager Location: Paddington The Internet of Things team play a key part in the success of V by Vodafone. We are the fearless and restless pioneers in our field