Senior Manager Tech Resilience Assurance
Strategy, R&D and Assurance (SRA)
The Strategy, R&D and Assurance team within Group Technology are responsible for creating and guiding Vodafone’s technology strategy as well as exploring new technologies working closely with partners, vendors, Group functions and Local Markets.
SRA are also responsible for identifying and assuring key technology risks across all local markets and group entities, ensuring policies and controls are being implemented and adhered to. SRA produce board level reporting for technology risks.
The 2nd Line Assurance function is responsible for monitoring and mitigating key technology risks, driving a risk awareness culture and promoting a risk-sensitive approach to processes, architectures, applications and platforms within Technology.
The key technology risks currently in scope for assurance are Cyber Security, Technology Resilience, IT Transformation, Shadow IT and Lifecycle Management. We monitor risk by working closely with local markets and Group functions; testing key controls established in our policies. We mitigate risk by identifying corrective actions and reporting to key stakeholders, including the Technology leadership team and various board committees.
The Technology Resilience Assurance Senior Manager will be responsible for leading a team of assurance specialists in order to monitor and assist management to mitigate Technology Resilience risks across Mobile, Fixed, IT and Platforms. The goal is to shape and drive the technology resilience program in all our markets and group functions while supporting financials and related controls. This important role requires you to raise relevant concerns regarding the risk posture and level of governance. You will be required to develop action plans to mitigate the assessed risk including monitoring and tracking of the observations through to resolution. A clear communication of risks, expectations and recommendations internally and to third parties is key for this role. You will be required to evolve and implement continuous improvement to the Vodafone resilience program, process and culture. This role requires a high calibre individual with a strong process and methodology mind-set and understanding of technology architectures and its evolutions.
With us, you will:
• Transform the way that Vodafone manages technology Resilience risk, so that we achieve the risk tolerance targets as set by the Board
• Report to the Head of Technology Assurance, leading a team of 5 direct reports.
• Lead governance for one of Vodafone’s key technology risks up to Board level, including reporting to and managing senior stakeholders.
• Develop an assurance strategy and plan for Technology Resilience and implement testing across Group entities and local markets.
• Identify areas of business pain and risks while providing mitigations and corrective actions where possible
• Work with markets and group functions in advising how to introduce best process and methodologies to reduce the loss of technology failures.
• Understand the architectures/solutions to lower risks and increase technology resilience including best practises sharing and methodologies
• Support the business continuity process and procedures
• Advise local markets on addressing findings from assurance reviews.
• Define required organisational risks management skills and capabilities, and influence their development.
• Act as a centre of excellence and best practice in risk management. Evolving risk management towards a more quantitative approach.
• Support the end-to-end assurance strategy
• Drive the introduction of automated testing where possible
• Be a thought leader capable of managing complex detail without losing sight of the big picture.
Apply if you have:
• Experience of line management roles and demonstrated the ability to motivate staff during times of change.
• Experience working within or monitoring Technology Resilience/Business Continuity programmes.
• Experience in technology risk management and technology governance driving consistent processes and a thriving risk culture in the organisation.
• Experience in IT audit including application audits, general control reviews and/or data analytics
• Strong stakeholder management skills, documentation and presentation skills
• The ability to grasp technical concepts rapidly and to articulate these concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
• Analytical thinking capabilities and are able to manage complex detail without losing sight of the big picture
• At least one risk, audit, or governance certification e.g. CISA, CRISK, CGEIT or equivalent
• A fluency of the English language both written and spoken
• Excitement towards reducing technology failure across one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world.
We are happy if you have:
• Experience in managing internal or external audit teams, at any of the large audit firms or large corporates.
• Experience managing technology risk or governance teams at large corporates
• Knowledge of relevant Frameworks (e.g. Technology SOX, ISO 27001/27002, COBIT, etc)
• Technical/Infrastructure knowledge i.e. knowledge of any of the following platforms:
Applications (CRM, HR)
Operating Systems(LINUX, Windows)
IT Networks, Firewalls, VPNs
Databases (SQL, Oracle, MySQL etc)
GSM Network Infrastructure
• Telecommunications experience