Senior Manager – Service Architecture
Location – Newbury
What’s the role?
Sitting in Technology Operations, we are always ready to serve all our customers with the services they choose from us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Vodafone is a rapidly changing company that constantly invests in improving and optimising the way we operate and serve. As part of this effort, we are looking for a technical leader that understands the end-to-end mobile service chain and can build and drive a service culture that puts the customer at the heart.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be the Technology Operations strategist for end-to-end service performance and monitoring
You will be working with technology subject matter experts to drive improvements cross functionally to define cross system service views that will improve our operational KPI’s.
• Lead the definition and evolution of the E2E service definitions for fixed, mobile and converged network, working with several stakeholders.
• Engage with SME’s across Technology Operation’s, and external organisations to understand the key drivers, challenges and opportunities to improve process, tools and culture towards a service first approach.
• Define the right operating models and present to the Tech Ops Leadership Team to put service first.
• Influence and drive the changes around people, processes and technology for end-to-end service performance, monitoring and culture.
• Evangelise end-to-end service performance within Technology and influence stakeholders across the industry.
• Work closely with the Service, Automation and Digital Senior Manager to bring service to life
Most of the work will be standard office hours
To be successful in the role you will have proven ability to think strategically about end-to-end service and operating models. Strong technical acumen, be passionate about technology and service. With experience defining and driving operationally and maintaining service end to end.
You will be able to communicate at all levels; from system experts, technical and non-technical teams as well as present to the leaderships teams. Be truly collaborative and clearly able to set a vision and a plan with service and customer at its core, and take internal and external stakeholders along with them.
You will need to be eligible for SC clearance to be considered for this vacancy
You will need the following technical knowledge:
The successful candidate as well as having a detailed understanding of the current technology landscape should also keep abreast of the evolution of fixed and mobile technologies, the wider ecosystem, the regulatory environment, in order to evolve our service culture.
• Excellent knowledge of mobile and fixed networks and experience in the telecommunications sector
• Excellent knowledge of protocols such as Diameter, SIP, Sigtran, etc.
• Excellent knowledge of OSS layer tool sets and experience of building cross network service views for performance and event monitoring.
• Proven record of defining and implementing service improvement
What’s in it for you?
Great reward with a competitive basic. You will get to work with a fun, diverse and driven team who love what they do and a leadership team who listen, support and inspire you to be your very best!
• Love to travel? 28 days holiday + bank holidays (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
• Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
• Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
• Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
• Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
• What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
• Want more me time? Thrive at Vodafone, a tool to help you find a balance for your health and wellbeing.
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.