Business: Vodafone Group
Who are we:
The Vodafone Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio is designed specifically to meet the needs of new and evolving businesses, growing at a rapid pace in a digital world with a mission to connect 1 billion things by 2025 for a better future.
In order to continue Vodafone’s leadership position, and to drive it further, Vodafone Group has identified the need to establish and grow its strength in IoT Digital Services, with the ambition of becoming a leading provider of IoT E2E Solutions building on our industry leading position with Managed IoT Connectivity.
In order to fulfil this objective and purpose, we are looking for a Senior IoT Integration (Product) Manager. This role will report into the Principal IoT Engineering Manager and be accountable for developing and operating some of Vodafone’s IoT digital products and platforms. This is a leadershop role and will manage a of product engineers and specialists.
Key Skills Needed:
- Cross-Functional: Knowledge or know-how of fundamental elements of IoT solutions and have the skills needed to design and build E2E IoT platforms and products.
- IoT Engineering: Understands how IoT devices, connectivity, platforms, front-end, middleware and infrastructure components interact and how to design, build and maintain IoT products and platforms.
- Integration & Data: Uses an understanding of data and integration architectures to manage, transform and exploit IoT data across the enterprise., including integration of IoT solutions into Digital Channels (e.g. Portals, Marketplaces) and Enterprise Busienss Support Systems (e.g. CRM, Order Management, Provisioning, Billing and Service Management)
- Continuous Delivery: Understands and applies Agile, DevOps, and other approaches for iterative development of production ready software.
- Ecosystem: Play an instrumental role in building out and maintaining our IoT E2E solutions ecosystem.
- Engineering Delivery and Operations: Implement delivery models to develop, run, maintain, enhance and change our IoT platforms and products ensuring that commitments are met for stakeholder groups across Group and OpCos.
Key technical knowledge required:
- TOGAF/TMForu - Servicenow, Appdirect, Salesforce etcm
- APIs (GDSP, CPaaS, IAP, REST)
- AWS/Azure Cloud
- Understanding of IoT devcies and protocols beyond Ras Pi and Ardunio
- Ideally a strong coding and build background.
This is a key role within the IoT Practice, which is an organisation within Vodafone Business Platforms and Solutions to address the ever growing demands of businesses both large and small on a global scale. You will play an instrumental role in an agile environment and will be key to Vodafone maintaining our global leadership position in IoT.