Senior Data Scientist / Software Engineering
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
In joining the Commercial team here at Vodafone Group you will support our people in strengthening our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, shareholders and employees! The team is broad; you could be working within Brand, Commercial Management, Consumer Services, Terminals, M-Pesa or Customer Experience Operations. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
Working to build and protect our Global valuable brand, Vodafone’s Group External Affairs function manages government affairs & international policy, corporate security, public policy, external communications, corporate responsibility & sustainability and the Vodafone Foundation. Joining as our Senior Data Scientist and AI Expert now has never been a better time to be part of our function.
We reach over 420 million customers, all with unique behaviours and experiences and have a tremendous amount of data that is generated every single second in our network. This means that we have a vast body of rich information, which if unlocked, can lead to something very special. Joining us as a Senior Data Scientist do you want to join our growing Big Data team?
You will be responsible for designing and developing reusable models, leveraging Big Data and artificial intelligence, to drive global scalability, revenues and cost efficiencies throughout Vodafone Group.
Joining us as a Senior Data Scientist you can be part of our empowering Big Data Team. The Future is exciting. Ready?
- Develops Machine Learning and AI models that are scaled and replicated across markets, leveraging automation.
- Deliver hands-on coding solutions for markets’ complex Use Cases using open-source frameworks deployed on Cloud.
- Develops model production framework and unified data formats, critical to sharing models across markets.
- Cross Use Case optimisation and developing recommender systems (model of models), using reinforcement learning.
- Work according to agile methodology framework, leading agile teams and training others, consulting with key stakeholders to ensure analytical solutions meet business needs.
Experience in developing models and algorithms from large volumes of structured and/or unstructured data in a commercial /consumer / digital environment
Background in software engineering or software development
Proven demonstration of value from analytical models across multiple lines of business.
- Deep statistical modelling expertise, including deep learning and reinforcement learning; strong knowledge of applied Artificial Intelligence
- Successful experience working in cross-functional teams of data scientists, engineers, and technology professionals
- Strong knowledge of Big Data technology (e.g. Hadoop MR, interactive SQL on Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark, Python, SciPy, R, deck.gl, Carto)
- Strong commercial mindset, consultative skills, and proven ability of visualising and communicating data in a compelling way
- Experience with telco data, digital, and app data highly desirable
- Experience working on the Cloud (ideally Google Cloud)
- PhD or Master’s or Degree (PhD preferred) on quantitative fields, including but not limited to Statistics, Computer Science Engineering or Artificial Intelligence.
- Proficient in statistical packages and ML libraries (e.g. Python, Pandas, SciPy,, Spark MLlib, R; NLTK).
- Familiar with leading visualisation tools (e.g. deck.gl, d3.js, Tableau, Qlikview).
- Familiar with implementing data transformations and algorithms in common programming languages.
- Ability to travel 5-10%
Application Guidance: We encourage our people to have powerful career conversations with their line managers and ask that your application is part of PD, mid-year review or development discussions. Please inform your line manager and HR Business Partner regarding your application as feedback may be sought from the hiring manager. Our Group internal transfer policy requires all internal applicants to have at least 2 years’ tenure within your current role. Please click here to read further details on the policy. You may also be asked to provide your previous performance ratings, where applicable, through the application process.
Internal Development: Across our Global footprint, we embrace internal movement and development and offer our employees the world of opportunities to achieve your career aspirations. Across our diverse workforce, we empower our people, enrich their experience and offer the chance to give something back through our Vodafone Foundation and Mobile for Good. As one company with local roots, we are supportive of international moves and relocation.
We believe in a fair and robust interview process and all you will be interviewed and assessed through The Vodafone Way behaviours. To read full details of The Vodafone Way click here.
Check out the application process and get to know us better here:
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?
London, Greater London
Role Title: Online Sales & eCommerce Manager Location: Paddington The Internet of Things team play a key part in the success of V by Vodafone. We are the fearless and restless pioneers in our field