Senior Data Scientist
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. At Vodafone Group, we partner with our local markets to drive consistency and earn customer loyalty across 20 countries for over 600 million customers. We are restless and passionate about creating a better future for all. We are always open to new things, and curious to create solutions that our customers will love. We are constantly learning to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards and to deliver on our strategy. Our ambition is to improve 1 billion lives and half our environmental impact by 2025. It’s up to each of us to make this happen. Ready?
The Senior Data Scientist will work with a global community of colleagues across AI, technology and customer functions and will be a contributor to the wider community, supporting the enablement of Vodafone’s AI capability. You will be responsible for designing and developing state-of-the-art reusable models, leveraging Big Data and artificial intelligence, to drive global scalability, revenues and cost efficiencies throughout Vodafone Group.
- Develop Machine Learning and AI models that are scaled and replicated across markets
- Implement and optimise state-of-the-art AI algorithms
- Deliver hands-on coding solutions for markets’ complex use cases deployed on Cloud.
- Develop model production frameworks and unified data formats, critical to sharing models across markets
- Work according to agile methodology framework, leading agile teams and training others
- PhD or Master’s or Degree (PhD preferred) on quantitative fields, including but not limited to Statistics, Computer Science Engineering or Artificial Intelligence
- Proficiency in statistical packages and ML/DL libraries/frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Dynet, Pandas, SciPy, Spark MLlib, etc)
- Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with implementing data transformations and algorithms in common programming languages
- Software development skills (e.g. unit testing, Git, etc.)
- Understanding and hands-in experience in Telco related use cases (e.g. churn reduction, personalisation, network optimisation, customer satisfaction, etc) (preferred)
- Publications in AI/ML communities (e.g. AAAI, ACL, ICML, KDD, NeurIPS, etc)
- Experience in developing models and algorithms from large volumes of structured and/or unstructured data in a commercial /consumer / digital environment
- Proven demonstration of value from advanced machine learning models across multiple lines of business
- Deep statistical modelling expertise, including deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Strong knowledge of applied AI
- Strong experience in the development of Retention and/or Recommender Systems (preferred)
- Successful experience working in cross-functional teams of data scientists, engineers, and technology professionals
- Strong commercial mindset and proven ability of visualising and communicating data
- Experience with telco data (preferred)
- Experience working on the Cloud (ideally Google Cloud)
- 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus public holidays
- Flexible working
- Pension matching scheme of up to 10%
- 5 paid days leave for charity projects
- MyChoices portal - cycle to work scheme, 100’s of retail discounts, shares and salary sacrifice schemes
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Interest free commuter loan
- Global parental leave policy for all new parents coming in 2020 which includes 16 weeks fully paid leave and upon returning to work, new parents can work part-time hours for 6 months whilst being paid their full-time salary
- Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too.
Get to know us better here and find out what life at Vodafone could be like for you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any application-related enquiries.
London, Greater London
Role Title: Online Sales & eCommerce Manager Location: Paddington The Internet of Things team play a key part in the success of V by Vodafone. We are the fearless and restless pioneers in our field