Senior Manager - Data Analytics, Business Operations
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
The Digital Operations & Automation team is a newly created Centre of Excellence, with a clear mission to drive the digital and automation transformation path for Vodafone UK. This is a high profile and critical function to transform Vodafone UK from a transactional operation, to a highly automated insight and data-driven organisation.
The role of Senior Data Analytics Manager has been created, to enable our business to become truly data driven, putting telemetry at the heart of our End2End business processes.
Leading a small team of data experts, you will ensure our business functions have access to, and are using data to generate business insights, which will underpin agile decision-making.
We are looking for someone with analytical expertise at a senior level, who can shape the Analytical team as a centre of excellence, and the drive the analytical direction of a new function. You will need to be hands-on with proactive and complex analytical work, and be consultative and influential with senior internal stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the forefront of driving Vodafone UK’s strategy and transform the way we operate as a company.
Key aspects of the role:
The Senior Data Analytics Manager will work with the Scrum Master, Business Process Architect, Process Owner and business leads responsible for the end-to-end processes, to drive the desired business outcomes by ensuring that we base our decisions on the right metrics, producing actionable insights and allowing us to become a truly data driven operation. You will be:
• Leading and developing the Data Analytics team
• Manipulating, analysing and interpreting complex operational data sets
• Mining and analysing large datasets, drawing valid inferences and presenting them successfully to senior stakeholders
• Identifying areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
• Producing and tracking key performance indicators and reporting processes
• Assessing the data's performance on an ongoing basis
• Identifying and mitigating risks involved with the transference of data
• Working with Business Process Architects and Process Owners by in creating data models and interpretation of the data
• Working with the Benefit tracking manager to ensure the evidence is available to justify the improved efficiency and productivity.
Things we would consider critical for the role:
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• experience in data modelling, data cleansing and data enrichment techniques
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Ability to test hypotheses from raw data sets and draw meaningful conclusions
• Experience in statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
• Capacity to develop and document procedures and workflows
• Ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations
• Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Technical / professional qualifications:
• Proficient in R, Python and SQL, Excel, SAS, SPSS as well as business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, D3, Qlik Sense
• Proven abilities in mathematics, computer science and analysis to handle vast amounts of data
• Understanding of data modelling and data based solutions
You will be a confident communicator with strong proactive analytical skills, experienced in working up to senior management level. You will have the ability to structure complex data and communicate it in the most appropriate way to the relevant stakeholders.
This role will suit an individual who is keen to develop their career in both a management capacity and subject matter expertise in a fast-paced, commercially driven and customer-focussed environment.
What’s in it for you?
Great reward with a competitive basic. We will also throw in 28 days’ holiday and a fast moving and dynamic environment. You will get to work with a fun, diverse and driven team who love what they do and a leadership team who listen, support and inspire you to be your very best!
Ready? Click apply now!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.