Senior Commercial Manager
Group Business Commercial Operations
This is a chance to join a growing Cloud Commercial team within Vodafone. We are going through a major business transformation, with high growth ambitions. We are looking for a candidate who can exercise judgement in time of uncertainly, develop creative ideas, and deliver innovation and value. If you're passionate about the ever-changing IT industry and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative progressive environment, you'll thrive at Vodafone!
The Commercial Lead is responsible for delivering positive outcomes on Vodafone’s largest and most complex opportunities. This is a customer facing role that requires a deep understanding of Cloud & Security product portfolio and solutions as well as the macro-economic factors that influence decision making. The Commercial Lead will understand the Customer’s business and how multiple scenarios might evolve through the opportunity life-cycle.
The Commercial Lead plays a pivotal role in aligning a robust set of internal stakeholders behind a deal strategy that they have developed whilst driving the opportunity through to positive closure. The Commercial Lead will create a strong commercial strategy that delivers against the customer’s objectives, constantly evaluating win chance whilst also ensuring profitable growth for Vodafone and mitigating business risk.
The Commercial Lead will provide regular updates and briefings on in-flight deals to C-Level customer and Vodafone stakeholders. The Commercial Lead will be comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders through all mediums of communication. The Commercial Lead will be accountable for the appropriate governance and approval of their opportunities and will manage a small team of Bid and Commercial professionals from a pool of onshore and offshore teams.
The Commercial Lead will own the relationships with UK&I Commercial, Sales and Finance teams, as well as UK&I Sales management team. The Commercial Lead will be able to prioritise the opportunities in the UK&I region and be comfortable to provide overall update on Cloud performance and pipeline in the UK&I Opcos.
The Commercial lead will have an in-depth understanding of Cirrus contract, and key stakeholders in IBM partnership, and is responsible for suggesting and driving improvements into Cirrus partnership
With us you will:
Own the relationship and be a close business partner to UK&I Opco leadership team, and UK&I Cloud Sales management team.
· Accountable for end-to-end Commercial Operations deliverables of the opportunities assigned to the Commercial Lead, including standing up and managing a bid team, developing win strategies, managing stakeholders, program managing the submission and production of market leading proposals. Finalisation of deal P&L, ensuring appropriate governance in line with EDRA triggers and completion of handover to delivery functions.
· Attend customer meetings to progress opportunities through to conclusion. Develop and present commercial, technical and service models with relevant subject matter experts, whilst being able to present the entire solution to the Customer.
· Develop negotiation strategies using industry best-practice. Lead customer negotiations to achieve the best possible outcomes for Vodafone.
· Strong stakeholder relationships within VBCO, Cloud BU, UK&I opco, and all functions involved in the bid process.
· Recognise partner dependencies and ensure accountable functions are held accountable to deliver solution and commercial requirements specific to each deal.
· Maintain a good level of understanding of the Cloud & Security market, IT and economic trends and customer environments and how these factors influence customer buying behaviours to sell business outcomes that differentiate our offers.
· Constantly challenge and reinvent commercial and operational paradigms, to ensure Vodafone´s offers remain innovative and market leading, whilst driving down costs to Vodafone and our customers.
What you can expect from us:
In return you will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package with Vodafone in an incredible working environment at the Newbury HQ and Paddington offices – with onsite gyms, barista style coffee shops, canteens and more.
Apply if you have:
· Experience in commercial operations in a customer facing environment
· Experience working for global corporate organisations
· Experience in Commercial, Finance, Sales or Operations, leading virtual teams in the delivery of complex, global projects
· Data driven with strong analytical and insight focus
· Understand the competitive landscape of our markets, and of our customer base, and act as a credible advisor to CxO level
· Understand the complexity of Vodafone and how it impacts our customer proposals
We’re happy if you:
- MBA or relevant professional qualification desirable
The future is exciting. Ready?