At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
The Digital Capabilities department owns the technology products within Consumer Product & Services. The products are enabling, orchestrating and exposing Local Markets and Group capabilities to third parties and Vodafone services through the Digital eXposure Layer (DXL) service, part of the strategic Digital program of Vodafone. The platforms are handling more than 1,000 TPS per day, 150 third parties in more than 20 markets are generating more than 600m€ revenue p.a.
The main Digital Capabilities platforms are: Digital API Exposure Platform, Container-As-A-Service platform for Microservices, Digital Data Store, Analytics and Tooling for the Continuous Improvement and Continuous Delivery chain.
The purpose of this role is to define and govern the overall architecture strategy and roadmap for all aspects of Digital API Exposure platform, part of Digital Capabilities. The architecture will be developed to provide solutions to meet market and global business requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with the target global architecture and architectural standards and design principles.
The Architect will act as a lead functional and technical representative for the Digital API Exposure area, gathering information and proposing solutions. Therefore, strong analytical, functional, technical, and communication skills are essential for this role. The role will also involve the governance of the evolution of the platforms, ensuring compliance of solutions to the globally mandated solution set as well as defining the migration paths to that set. The Architect shall also contribute to the Analytics roadmap working within a fully Agile organization and cross Scrum teams.
The Architect leads the Digital API strategy and will lead the governance in respect of same when working with other architects and technical stakeholders.
Joining us as a Senior Architect where can be part of our empowering our Consumer Products & Services / Digital Technologies function. The Future is exciting. Ready?”
- Must have a balanced mix of technical and business skills
- Skilled in working with both local and remote stakeholders; skilled in working in multi-national and multi-location teams
- Professional experience and knowledge of:
- Internet and/or Telco industries
- Cloud computing, public Clouds
- Analytics / Big Data
- Working into Agile teams and organizations
- Proven track record in designing large, distributed, and scalable architecture solutions
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise solutions and architectures (i.e. cloud, big data, virtualization, storage, etc.)
- Knowledge of architecture best practices and design patterns.
- Proven experience of conducting technical workshop, presenting technical solutions, preparing how-to guides, and technical comparison documents.
- Familiar with design and development tools, and capable of suggesting new tools/process.
- Familiar with the design and implementation of micro services (or self-contained-services)
- Passionate about simple and clean SW architectures
- Have a very good analytical, consultative and problem-solving mind-set, and an influential personality capable of quickly building rapport and credibility with teams.
- Excellent communication skills (in an international distributed team) and capacity to learn and work independently
- Deep understanding of APIs (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, OAUTH) and API management
We’re happy if you have:
- The Ability to analyse client business challenges and technical issues and effectively communicate how a solution will align to their needs and requirements
- Works in close cooperation with System Architecture and off- shore Technical Leads and Developers; leading to the High-Level Design
- Enable solution opportunities by identifying the requirements directly from the Vodafone Local markets or by proactively understanding their needs
- Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
- Adheres to technical constraints laid out by Architecture guidelines
- Delivery of products - lead the design and delivery of respective portfolio as aligned with Group Commercial and local markets
- Product and service development – Build new products and new features to existing ones, based on existing capabilities, vendors or developing new ones.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on email@example.com
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The future is exciting. Ready?
Job title: Talk Mobile Consumer Lead Team: Segment - High Value Location: Newbury Role Purpose: The Pay Monthly Tribe is focused on rapidly growing Vodafone’s share within the pay monthly category by
Commercial Marketing Specialist/ Marketing Campaign SpecialistLondon, Smale House The Retention Campaigns & Optimisation team shape and deliver the end-to-end base marketing strategy for saving and re
Marketing Campaign Manager/ Chordiant DeveloperLondon, Smale House Competitive salary + Excellent benefits In 1985, we made the first mobile call in the UK, with your experience in campaign managemen
Job title: Campaign SpecialistLocation: Newbury Your RoleThe Campaign Specialist is responsible for driving customer marketing and communications campaigns to our Enterprise base through the lifecycle
Role: Brand Specialist Location: Southwark, London About the role Support the digital excellence team and Brand Manager in establishing and flawlessly delivering the digital and demand generation par
Role title: Product Manager Location: Smale House, London Role purpose: The Family segment is a team established to focus on growing Vodafone’s share within this valuable market by bringing to mar
Role title: Product Owner Location: Southwark, London Role purpose: The Family & Converged Tribe is focused on rapidly growing Vodafone’s share within the Home Broadband and Converged categories
London, Greater London
Job title: Proposition Manager Team: Segment Job Family Location: Southwark, London Your role This is a highly exciting time in Vodafone’s Mass Market team. We are transforming the design of our prop
London, Greater London
Job title: Trade In Senior Proposition Manager - Handsets Team: Segment Job Family Location: Southwark, London Role purpose: The Pay Monthly Tribe is focused on rapidly growing Vodafone’s share wit
London, Greater London
Job title: Proposition Manager Team: Segment Job Family - High Value Location: Southwark, London Role purpose: The High value and Pay Monthly Tribe is focused on growing Vodafone’s share within thi
Marketing Campaign SpecialistNewbury Competitive salary + Excellent benefits Innovating, inventing and improving is our mission, do you have strong experience in campaign management to keep us pushing