Security Assurance Manager
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
At Vodafone Global Cyber Security, we help our customers remain secure and resilient in a world of increasingly sophisticated cyber-attacks. We offer a unique combination of highly resilient networks, enterprise-class cloud platforms, advanced security systems and expert advice, helping limit the risks of a mobile workforce, such as commercial losses, regulatory breaches or threats to individuals, whilst enabling productivity and employee satisfaction. Joining us as a Security Assurance Manager, you can be part of our empowering our Cyber Security function. The Future is exciting. Ready?
The Security Assurance Manager plays a key part of the 2nd line of defence function and is responsible for reporting an accurate and realistic picture of the level of control effectiveness and compliance with security policies and standards across a wide range of security domains to management. They will manage end-2end an independent QA review process across Vodafone and support local teams in performing their 1st line control assessments.
- Review evidence provided by the 1st line of defence and analyse independent data sources to validate the level of control effectiveness reported by the 1st line
- Combine this information with results of other control assessments and provide a consolidated and condensed global view to management based on established metrics and KPIs
- Provide feedback on and guidance to security teams across Vodafone Group and Local Markets on what good controls look like
- Track and report on the completion of agreed remedial actions
- Communicate across multiple stakeholders to raise awareness of the expectations and areas requiring improvement
What you can expect from us:
The role provides an excellent opportunity to get end-2end view on how cyber security risks can be mitigated with state-of-the-art security technologies and methods in a large and complex environment and to become a key part of an exciting journey to improve the maturity of our control environment and to increase Vodafone’s security posture. You will find many opportunities to learn and grow in this role and to further develop your communication skills when interacting with many stakeholders at different levels from day 1.
- Good knowledge and experience of different technologies (web applications, infrastructure, operating systems, cloud)
- Preferably certifications as CISSP, SSCP, CISM, ISO27001 lead auditor and experience in working with ISO27001 and NIST security frameworks
- Experience in working on a wide range of security controls in complex IT and Telecommunications environments with a good understanding of control objectives and suitable control design
- Good understanding of security risks as well as processes, technologies and tools to mitigate these risks – preferably including the specific risks and countermeasures in the Telecommunications environment
- Experience in control assessments and compliance
- Excellent reporting (oral and written) and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail, strong analytical skills and efficient problem solving capabilities
- Experience in working in a global environment and ability to adapt your style to different cultures and audiences
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
ITIL Process Specialist Location – Newbury £ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer Is this role for you? This role is to work across the IT Operations Control team providing stakeholder manag
Solution Architect – 259810 Location – Newbury HQ Band – G What’s the role? Vodafone’s Enterprise IT delivery team is responsible and accountable for the continuous development and evolution of
Role Title: Business Relationship ManagerLocation: Newbury Babbage House As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping h
Role title: MVNO Senior Architect Location: Farnborough Successful applicants must be able to obtain and maintain DV clearance. Get Ready. Joining Vodafone Secure Services offers you the unique o
Role Title: Service Delivery Manager Location: UK - Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excelle
Cyber Solutions Architect Vodafone Secure Sector Farnborough Must be able to obtain DV / SC clearance Get Ready. Joining our Vodafone Secure Sector (VSS) offers you the unique opportunity to be heavi
Role Title: Principal Solution Architect Location: Newbury or Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
London, Greater London
Role: Frontend Software Developer (Android) - Internet of Things (Consumer) Location: London/Dusseldorf/Berlin Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V b
Solution Architect (Telco Billing Solutions) Location: Newbury HQ Competitive salaries and benefits High calibre Billing Domain Designer with Technical Oracle BRM knowledge and Telco BSS experience?
London, Greater London
Role Title: Quality Assurance Manager - Cellular Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pi
London, Greater London
Software Development Job FamilySenior Digital Manager – Product EngineeringLondon Competitive Salary, Benefits A fantastic and unique opportunity has arisen in our new Digital hub based in central Lon