Here at Vodafone UK, an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Scrum Master to join our Digital Engineering team in Newbury or London.
As a Scrum Master you'll develop and lead high-performing, multi-discipline feature teams, instilling in them a clear vision and a passionate drive to succeed within our UK Digital IT function. You’ll play a leading role in fulfilling Vodafone's digital ambitions, driving the implementation of our Digital platform and setting standards for our teams to follow.
This is a unique opportunity to be an early member of a newly established team working on new development projects within an established global technology leader.
You'll be responsible for:
As a Scrum Master, you would bring with you a broad experience and a passion for modern development technologies and look to embrace our DevOps methodology. You and the Digital team will be acting as pioneers within the function and building world-class products that delight our customers and transform the way they engage with us. As a Scrum Master your role will consist of:
- Challenging and improving the operation of the team, driving their performance and capability to succeed.
- Embedding operating models that value ownership, responsiveness, predictability and transparency.
- Mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices, embedding DevOps behaviours and principles driving a model of continuous delivery.
- Ensuring the path is clear for your team, removing blockers, facilitating discussions, enabling seamless communications and working with the Product Owner to clarify the product backlog ahead.
- Ensuring your teams drive their deliveries with quality, innovation and automation at the heart.
To be successful you're going to need:
- A proven track record of guiding teams on the use of scrum, self-organisation and continuous improvement. Building and coaching teams to high levels of maturity
- Experience in facilitation, collaboration, situational awareness and influencing across teams and departments
- Excellent communication skills and experience inside and outside of the team, improving transparency and cross-fertilisation of information
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience of agile using a scaled methodology, e.g. SAFe
Things we'd rate you even higher for:
- Certifications in scaled agile, such as SAFe
- Experience within online retail, digital agencies or similar industries
- Experience of modern enterprise web technologies, including WCS, Node, React, Angular
Why join the UK Digital IT?
For us, digital transformation is constant - and not a one-off event. It’s our obsession, it’s how we forever evolve our technology to improve the lives of our customers.
We are continually experimenting with ways to make our journeys more intuitive, simple and fun. And we’re constantly testing and trialling new ways to give customers faster access to our services, more flexibility - and the richest, most rewarding experience.
We’re at the forefront of pushing the boundaries in Vodafone and are looking for people comfortable with being trailblazers as well as having the pragmatism to work in a multinational/global business.
All you need is the right mindset and the desire to help craft award-winning digital experiences – we work at pace, we love ideas and collaborate on agile projects