Retail Technical Expert - High Wycombe
Handset Heroes AKA -Technology Expert
£20,100 per annum and a very competitive monthly performance related bonus
The Technology Expert role
It’s a very varied role. From supporting and educating a customer around setting up/using their devices, to assisting with technical queries, diagnosing and organising repair of faulty devices. It’s as much about understanding the customer as it is about understanding the technology and how our customers use it Many of the questions you receive won’t be the final one, a customer might want to know how to send an MMS but is there a better solution? Once you know what someone wants to do with their phone, you can show them how to make the most of it – and what other products and services we could offer that would suit them perfectly.
As our Handset Hero’s and Technology expert
You’re fascinated by telecoms and technology, handsets and helping. You know your way round every function on your phone. (And the phones of half of your friends, and family who come to you for advice when they are stuck.) So this role at Vodafone is perfect for you. There is no better place to put your skills to use or develop your career fast.
The skills you’ll need
- Ability to teach the customer on how to set-up and use their device including ongoing self- help resolutions together with identifying opportunities for cross and upsell.
- Understanding of customer issues, identify root causes and solutions and explain them to the customer in language they can understand and use.
- Open and track service requests and schedule technical appointments with customers
- Troubleshoot device software and hardware and escalate trends in device failures
- Provide on-going training to the store team on devices, internet, data & resolution of basic technical issues.
- Ensure customer retention through follow up after technical issues
- Support the Store Operation and Store Manager on how to improve customer experience
- Ability to carry out management duties when required, including coaching
Ownership, drive, resilience and the ability to build strong and empathetic relationships with our customers and our in store teams are the qualities we look for in our Tech Expert
About Vodafone Retail
Vodafone has more than 403 million customers round the world, who rely on us to keep them connected. We offer them all an unmatched service. We give the people who work in our retail stores throughout the UK an unmatched experience, too.
First, there’s the basic rate that’s very hard to beat anywhere on the high street. (And, on top of this, the chance to work towards generous quarterly bonuses.) Then, there’s the structured career development plan, which allows you to develop fast throughout our retail stores or even into Head Office. (You’re an asset we really want to develop.) Finally, there’s the chance to work for one of the world’s top ten brands – a company famed for its pioneering approach and spirit of innovation. It all amounts to a very empowering career.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us on email@example.com