Register your interest for Commercial Manager opportunities
As a Commercial Manager within our pre-sales and in-life teams, you are at the forefront of our business transactions. Our pre-sales and in-life contract management teams operate within consolidated teams across both skill sets, supporting our strategically important B2B customers across private and public sector. These bids and contracts are often multi-product, complex and contain multiple stakeholders. You may be an expert in, and therefore have significant experience in either a pre-sales commercial or contract management environment. Either way you will operate as a key integral part of a team that works in both areas and ideally be able to operate in both areas.
The pre-sales teams are leading the commercial strategy and direction for our new business and key renewal activity, driving innovative commercial and contractual solutions that meet our customers challenges and needs whilst managing Vodafones risk but maximising the financial benefit from the deal.
These often contradictory requirements demand only the very best people who understand complex commercial models, contractual clauses and business needs and have the right influencing skills, gravitas, behaviours and personality to articulate these propositions all the way up to C-Suite executives.
• Own all commercial aspects of the pre-sales journey, supporting sales in qualifying the opportunity, through to financial bid modelling, presentation to governance, deal negotiation and closure and hand over to In-Life teams.
• Collaborate with sales, product, solutions, service, legal and other functions to develop solutions, which are optimal for the customers and Vodafone. Where appropriate you will be required to lead the teams, use your experience to guide and be the driving force.
• Understand the market, the competition, the products and the propositions to build superb compelling proposals that mitigate risk and maximise return for Vodafone.
• Provide thought leadership to all stakeholders on what is required to succeed, challenge the company to not accept the status quo and drive innovation in your commercial proposals.
• An excellent communicator, able to act calmly under pressure, influence others through written and verbal articulation of complicated scenarios, exploiting data and analytics to drive home the message.
• Exercise independent thought and judgement in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving the business needs.
• Deliver business improvements activities within the department, function or company. Identify opportunities, present the benefits, influence stakeholders and drive the improvements through to conclusion.
• Be a team player, mentor, guide and coach those around you to be better.
What’s important to us?
• Communication and influencing your peers, stakeholders and leadership teams.
• Have a level of planning and preparation that is second to none: have the ability to clearly articulate how your solution meets the needs of the customer and Vodafone, if challenged.
• Significant experience of building business cases, pricing strategies, negotiations plans and close out activities to secure the best outcome.
• Superb negotiation skills, both internal and external, not afraid to tackle the difficult points and provide innovative solutions to areas of impasse.
• A challenger mind-set, not accepting the norm, innovative and creative but recognising where to harness your resources and efforts.
• Able to understand and articulate how risks translate to into a commercial P&L, terms and conditions or delivery methodology. A sound reasoning for accepting risk and plans on how to manage that in-life.
• Diplomacy. Knowing when and how to say no, how to defuse difficult and tense situations, manage relationships and smooth a path to resolution.
• Understand business processes, operates within them but is flexible is how these are addressed. Knows how and when to seek exceptions and how to present to management.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too.
Vodafone is committed to making reasonable adjustments for all candidates considered to have a disability during the recruitment assessment process. Should you meet the minimum criteria for the role you are applying to, we will contact you to discuss the reasonable adjustments that you may need.
London, Greater London
Role Title: Online Sales & eCommerce Manager Location: Paddington The Internet of Things team play a key part in the success of V by Vodafone. We are the fearless and restless pioneers in our field