Quality Assurance Manager - Internet of Things
The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a new way of connecting our 500 million customers globally to the world of Internet of Things.
We’re a team of fearless, restless visionaries in a completely new technology, on a mission to create world-changing products that connect people to their homes, their smart devices, and the things they love. Using our smart V SIM card, innate objects can now be controlled and monitored from anywhere at anytime, giving people the opportunity to do things they have never done before, offering freedom, security and control on a new level.
We have already launched 15 products in 7 markets internationally …and we just can’t stop!
We are seeking like-minded intrepid explorers to join us. People that aren’t afraid to take risks. The daring ones, the trailblazers, the pioneers!
In Cellular Consumer IoT you will work with a multidisciplinary team responsible for the design, development and lifecycle of state-of-the-art cellular CIoT product propositions. As a Quality Assurance Manager you will be accountable for defining and driving Agile QA methodologies in the product and service delivery process from an end-to-end perspective, engaging in all phases of the project and product life cycle to ensure our products are truly revolutionary.
You’ll put the customer at the centre of everything you do, guiding a team of onshore and offshore experts and providing the key principles to enable the Cellular CIoT unit to delivery products and services that give an incredible user experience.
Are you an IoT enthusiast, a passionate technologist, and with a can-do attitude, then join Vodafone Consumer IoT team.
- Define quality standardisation and QA principles, setting up adequate auditing, monitoring and enabling Agile delivery teams to run efficient QA during product delivery
- Embed quality into team principles, and consults members across all involved teams on all needed aspects of quality management and quality assurance.
- Establish a QA excellence framework required to deliver Cellular CIoT products and strategic programmes. E.g.
- test automation across all levels,
- best practises in process and tool usage to improve efficiency and effectiveness of QA team
- alignment of activities and objectives across virtual teams and verticals
- leverage data and analytics for continuous improvements
- Engage with internal quality management function to align on cross-functional improvement initiatives and strategies
- Establishes a culture of high quality standards and appetite for continuous improvements, which values defect prevention over defect correction.
- Must have a balanced mix of comprehensive technical and business skills.
- Proven working experience in definition of Quality strategy and QA processes in Telco/ IT industry - experience in Product Development or Software Engineering is an additional asset.
- Hands on experience in mobile content related services like mobile entertainment, as well as mobile commerce and mobile data.
- Good understanding of IoT technologies and standards – preferably in Cellular and mobile applications.
- Excellent communication skills to work in an international environment split over different locations and manage stakeholders across the organisation.
- >= 5 years professional work experience in Quality assurance and Management roles
- Technical degree level (MSc) in Engineering or Computer Science
- Deep understanding of REST API and web services and how to troubleshoot and verify
- AWS Certified solution architect - desirable
- Experience in agile development/SCRUM and continuous delivery processes.
- Experience in IoT and M2M technologies
- Dedicated support and mentoring
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
- Annual company bonus
- 28 day’s holiday
- Contributory company pension scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/consumer-internet-of-things
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?