Quality Assurance Manager - Internet of Things
The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a new way of connecting our 500 million customers globally to the world of Internet of Things.
We’re a team of fearless, restless visionaries in a completely new technology, on a mission to create world-changing products that connect people to their homes, their smart devices, and the things they love. Using our smart V SIM card, innate objects can now be controlled and monitored from anywhere at anytime, giving people the opportunity to do things they have never done before, offering freedom, security and control on a new level.
We have already launched 15 products in 7 markets internationally …and we just can’t stop!
We are seeking like-minded intrepid explorers to join us. People that aren’t afraid to take risks. The daring ones, the trailblazers, the pioneers!
In Cellular Consumer IoT you will work with a multidisciplinary team responsible for the design, development and lifecycle of state-of-the-art cellular CIoT product propositions. As a Quality Assurance Manager you will be accountable for defining and driving Agile QA methodologies in the product and service delivery process from an end-to-end perspective, engaging in all phases of the project and product life cycle to ensure our products are truly revolutionary.
You’ll put the customer at the centre of everything you do, guiding a team of onshore and offshore experts and providing the key principles to enable the Cellular CIoT unit to delivery products and services that give an incredible user experience.
Are you an IoT enthusiast, a passionate technologist, and with a can-do attitude, then join Vodafone Consumer IoT team.
- Define quality standardisation and QA principles, setting up adequate auditing, monitoring and enabling Agile delivery teams to run efficient QA during product delivery
- Embed quality into team principles, and consults members across all involved teams on all needed aspects of quality management and quality assurance.
- Establish a QA excellence framework required to deliver Cellular CIoT products and strategic programmes. E.g.
- test automation across all levels,
- best practises in process and tool usage to improve efficiency and effectiveness of QA team
- alignment of activities and objectives across virtual teams and verticals
- leverage data and analytics for continuous improvements
- Engage with internal quality management function to align on cross-functional improvement initiatives and strategies
- Establishes a culture of high quality standards and appetite for continuous improvements, which values defect prevention over defect correction.
- Must have a balanced mix of comprehensive technical and business skills.
- Proven working experience in definition of Quality strategy and QA processes in Telco/ IT industry - experience in Product Development or Software Engineering is an additional asset.
- Hands on experience in mobile content related services like mobile entertainment, as well as mobile commerce and mobile data.
- Good understanding of IoT technologies and standards – preferably in Cellular and mobile applications.
- Excellent communication skills to work in an international environment split over different locations and manage stakeholders across the organisation.
- >= 5 years professional work experience in Quality assurance and Management roles
- Technical degree level (MSc) in Engineering or Computer Science
- Deep understanding of REST API and web services and how to troubleshoot and verify
- AWS Certified solution architect - desirable
- Experience in agile development/SCRUM and continuous delivery processes.
- Experience in IoT and M2M technologies
- Dedicated support and mentoring
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
- Annual company bonus
- 28 day’s holiday
- Contributory company pension scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on email@example.com
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/consumer-internet-of-things
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The future is exciting. Ready?
London, Greater London
Role Title: Personal Assistant Location: London Paddington Vodafone Group Business partners with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our total communications
Delivery Escalations Specialist NewburyCompetitive salary + excellent benefits As a Delivery Escalations Specialist you will be responsible for managing all orders that have been either expedited fo
Role Title: Product Architect Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across
Job Title: Mobile Services Senior Engineer Business Area: Vodafone Secure Sector Location: Farnborough Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance About Voda
Job Title: Network Design Lead Business Area: Vodafone Secure Sector Location: Farnborough Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance About Vodafone Secure
Role Title: SOX Manager Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 cou
Role Title: Cyber Risk Manager Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acro
Field Engineer – Mobile & Fixed Telecommunication Permanent – Field BasedSouth Wales & Swindon Region Looking to cross skill? Become one of our Field based engineers that can deliver best in class Fi
Field Technician – Telecommunication Permanent – Field BasedManchester Region Looking to cross skill? Become one of our Field based engineers that can deliver best in class Fixed & Mobile solutions t
Role Title:Cloud Senior Architect Location: Newbury, UK At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence
SOC Analyst (Shift work) FarnboroughSecurity Clearance required: DV level You will be part of a SOC team providing monitoring of SIEM systems, managed firewall and IPS services for both Vodafone a