Public Policy Senior Manager
Role Title: Public Policy Senior Manager
Vodafone engages with regulators and governments on a wide range of issues directly relevant to our business and the industry, as well as on issues of broad public interest. We aim to be direct and transparent about our views, basing our opinions on evidence. All engagement with governments and regulators is subject to our Group Public Policy Principles, which are covered in our Code of Conduct.
To drive core public policy initiatives of strategic importance to Vodafone. To deliver world-class analysis and advocacy to support Vodafone’s priorities at a global, European and national level. To frame powerful, well-founded, empirically supportable policy positions. To build trusting and supportive relationships with OpCo teams that are focused on delivery of business results, and link the local teams to Group Regulation and Policy Development resources. To work cross-functionally with core teams including within the External Affairs, Legal, Finance, Commercial and Technology departments.
- Identifying major policy trends, risks and opportunities. Developing and delivering Group policy positions e.g. in written publications.
- Develop keen awareness of business value drivers and intervene where policy skills and experience can enhance or unlock opportunities or where a policy or regulatory risk is likely to impact the business.
- Respond swiftly and recommend courses of action to Group management and OpCo teams.
- Work with the local OpCo teams to enhance the quality and impact of policy positions.
- Manage external advisors to deliver high-quality analysis and papers in support of Vodafone’s policy strategy.
- Opportunity to learn in an energetic and professional team about public policy.
- Long term full time career opportunities in Public Policy
- Strong ability to develop subject matter expertise and a reputation as an expert who adds substantial value internally and externally.
- Exceptional ability to work collaboratively, cross-functionally and with senior management.
- Excellent communications skills required to communicate complex concepts, analysis and recommendations clearly and effectively to a wide range of stakeholders including senior management.
- Excellent communications skills required advocate policy positions.
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Aptitude for anticipating policy issues and driving forward initiatives to address them.
- Ability to manage external consultants.
- Degree in Law, Economics, Politics or similar discipline
- Understanding of regulation, economics and legal principles
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Excellent communications skills
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/life-vodafone/?page=1#content
The future is exciting. Ready?
Programme Manager Newbury or London based Permanent Are you a Customer facing Programme Manager looking for your next role? As a Programme Manager you will be responsible for leading large customer f
London, Newbury or Manchester
Role: Unified Communications Solution Architect Location: Newbury HQ, London or Manchester £ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer A senior customer facing role providing technical leadersh
Role Title: Senior IoT Strategy & Ecosystems Manager Location: Newbury / London At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Commercial Manager Location: London or Newbury Our Team: Group Business Commercial OperationsThis is a chance to join a growing Cloud Commercial team within Vodafone. We are goin
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
Role: IT Technical Delivery Manager Location: Newbury HQSalary: £competitive + excellent benefits Is this role for you? As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will be responsibility for the delivery of