Public Cloud Engineer
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
To develop, build, implement and operate 24x7 Public Cloud infrastructure services and technology solutions for European wide internal Vodafone applications and customers. To design, plan and implement a growing set of public cloud platforms and solutions used to provide mission critical infrastructure services to Vodafone internal customers. To constantly analyse, optimise, migrate and transform the global Vodafone legacy IT infrastructure environment into cloud ready & cloud native solutions and responsible for providing software-related operations support, including managing level two and level three incident and problem management
- Build and deploy AWS, GCP and Azure cloud infrastructure by using cloud formation and terraform scripts.
- Develop Ansible and Python scripts for infrastructure automation like “user creation”, “security hardening”, etc.
- Migrate and transform existing on-premises applications to Public cloud.
- Manage project driven integration and day-to-day administration of cloud solutions into the group datacentre (GDC)
- Develop prototypes, designing and building modules and solutions for Cloud Platforms in an iterative agile cycles, develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome
- Support the establishment of DevOps culture and methodologies within the GDC organisation
- Providing professional technical consultancy and support to all Cloud-related programmes and existing environments
- Working experience with AWS service Lambda.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Degree in IT (any), 3 years of experience in cloud computing or 5 years in enterprise IT
- Adapt in ITIL, SOX and security regulations
- Work experience in programming and /or systems analysis applying agile frameworks
- Experience with Web applications and Web hosting skills.
- Experience with DevOps concept in cloud environment.
- Working experience in managing highly business critical environments.
- AWS architect/operations associate certification with experience preferred.
- Professional experience and knowledge of the Telecommunications industry preferred
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
Role Title: Coe Oracle Solution Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellenc
Role Title: Infosecurity Specialist Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence a
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Customer Project ManagerManchester basedPermanent Are you an experienced Project Manager seeking a new opportunity? As a Project Manager you will be responsible for delivering large complex projects
London, Greater London
Role Title: Data Scientist - Internet of Things (Consumer) Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years
Field Technician Field based – North East LondonReporting into Gavin Whitbread Are you ready to join our Field Engineering team? In this role you will play an integral part of the team, installing and
Job title: Big Data Engineer Location: Newbury Your Role The Big Data Engineer provides expert guidance and delivers through self and others to source and integrate structured and unstructured data
Role Title: BSS & Integration Enterprise Architecture Senior Manager, Principal Architect Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisor
Service Management & Reporting Specialist Location – NewburyPermanent - Part time role (3 Days per week) About the role Vodafone has a long standing contractual obligation to manage and operate Nat
Role Title: Cloud Platform Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence
Role Title: Business Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30