London, Smale House
Competitive salary + Excellent benefits
Could your programme management experience help us drive further towards our goal of creating digital experiences that make the life of our consumers much simpler?
Together, we are transforming to give our customers the best digital experience possible. We are looking for a self-motivated individual to be:
• Responsible for the co-ordination of business activity required to design, build, & test the campaigns, rules, logic, reporting & operational management capability of each Always on Marketing (AoM) release
• Work with Senior IT stakeholders & the Systems Integrator to define and manage requirements & solution options
• Works with Senior IT Stakeholders and other stakeholders to manage programme budget & governance
• Responsible for identifying, communicating, and monitoring the delivery of dependencies such as platform, data & integrations to align with the business & technical delivery plan.
• Responsible for regular updates, communication of risks, issues, project spend & required decisions to and from business and technical stakeholders
• Responsible for creation of effective and efficient Operating Models for AoM Marketing teams together with KPIs driving operational AoM excellence
• Supportive and provide assistance to the Product Owner with respect to estimation and prioritisation of delivery to drive commercial targets
We continually experiment with ways to make our journeys more intuitive, simple and enjoyable. And we’re constantly testing and trialing ways to give customers faster access to our services, more flexibility - and the richest, most rewarding experience.
Our power keeps us pumped. We have a strong brand and reputation, and we have our people to thank for it. We’ll empower you to grow with us. Not only do we constantly invent and look out for everything new, we’ll let you take the reins to drive us forward to success.
Now we need a Programme Manager for our Always on Marketing squad to plan and manage across the Business and IT, the design, build & deployment of AoM functionality through a series of Capability Releases with transition into BaU after each Release.
Things we would consider critical for the role:
• Strong stakeholder management up to SLT – works closely with commercial stakeholders in order to define functional and non-functional requirements impacting Base Marketing, Segment, Data, Integration, and Decisioning domains.
• Strong understanding of the key building blocks, applications, and capabilities of the Pega Marketing and Decisioning Platform and how that is utilised in practice to drive multi-channel, bi-directional always-on decisioning outcomes
• Ability and proven experience in defining data, modelling, decision-logic, reporting, and operational requirements
• Solid grounding in Base Marketing strategies for TelCo customer bases across all key lifecycle stages, including development and scrutinisation of associated business cases and the development of best in class Customer Journeys
• Knowledge of typical business rules, propensity/adaptive models, and underlying data (batch, and real-time) to be able to build and execute these key strategies
• Accurate under pressure and solid ability to resolve conflict across the organisation stemming from disparate ways of working and disparate levels of understanding of AoM Functionality & Operating Models
• Experience with Agile delivery approaches
If this sounds like you and you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard to continue to stay ahead of the game.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.