London, Smale House
Competitive salary + Excellent benefits
What we are doing here at Vodafone and our grip on tech is years ahead of the game. Can your experience with Programmatic advertising take us even further?
As a Programmatic Lead, on a day to day basis you will:
• Take full end-to-end responsibility of Programmatic advertising (display, video etc), setting discipline leadership across Brand and Performance media agendas.
• Lead the Programmatic team and work closely with Audience Manager Media Analyst/Integrated Media Planner roles.
• Create a centre of excellence for Programmatic advertising, becoming a key focal point for the discipline.
• Lead all Programmatic advertising activities, including campaign and targeting and bid management strategies, KPI setting etc.
• Set local trading strategies and PMP deals, working with publishers to ensure best inventory quality, access, and pricing.
• Identify providers that can be bought programmatically and transition buys across from direct spend where relevant.
• Ensure team continuously monitor performance and identify and analyse deviating patterns to generate insights for optimisation.
• Set and measure operational effectiveness through ongoing process/capability auditing.
• Lead technology partner relationships (DSP, ad server, Verification), optimising configuration to local needs (in line with Group strategies), and setting local roadmap development. Address local integration issues with other tech stack elements, e.g. DMP, Analytics etc.
• With Audience Manager, establish best use of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sets, to deliver effective segmentation and outcomes via DMP.
• Ensure right (and improve) creative format use, fulfilling media quality and personalisation goals, demonstrating A/B testing approach.
Digital transformation is a journey not a one off-event for us here at Vodafone. It needs to be nurtured and grown by talented people who experiment, fail fast and innovate at pace.
We continually experiment with ways to make our journeys more intuitive, simple and enjoyable. And we’re constantly testing and trialing ways to give customers faster access to our services, more flexibility - and the richest, most rewarding experience.
This role forms a critical part of Vodafone’s new insourced media team, which will take full strategic and operational accountability of the Programmaic media discipline.
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
• Relevant management experience in media industry – client, agency or consultancy side.
• Detailed understanding of Programmatic advertising based on hands-on experience of managing display and video campaigns, across multiple channels and devices.
• Be able to demonstrate delivery of results across large scale brand and performance campaigns.
• Experience, managing and growing a team, with planning expertise across the entire media ecosystem.
• Demonstrating considerable trading experience across open exchange, PMP and buying across all media types (Audio, Video, Display, Native etc).
• Excellent understanding of display and Programmatic technology (e.g., DSPs, DMPs). Knowledge of AdForm (Ad Server, DSP), Amazon DSP, DBM, DoubleVerify advantageous.
• Good working knowledge of Analytics, tracking, tag management/implementation, managing set up of DCO campaigns, and working with DMPs, with experience of creating audience segments, pushing these to execution, campaign optimisation, and evaluation. Jivox or Flashtalking DCO experience advantageous
• Brand and performance planning experience, demonstrating knowledge in harnessing data and technology to deliver accountable media outcomes.
• Good data management and analytical skills.
• Excellent numeracy, data handling, time management, prioritisation, and delegation skills.
• Proven track-record of driving projects and creating impact through pragmatic problem-solving.
So if you have the right mindset and the desire to help us to continue to create award-winning digital experiences – joining our Vodafone Digital team could be for you.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.