The Consumer Security tribe discovers, designs, builds and launches global products for consumers and their families. Our flagship product, Secure Net, is one of Vodafone’s most successful products globally; it is used by more than 20 million customers across 10 markets, consistently obtains high NPS and generates significant revenue for the company.
The Product Owner is the key member of the Product Squad, a cross-functional team of scrum master, UI designer, UX designer, engineers and developers committed to producing innovative products that will delight our customers. The Product Owner is responsible for defining new features and product enhancements for our mobile and fixed security propositions, both at networks level and device level (including mobile apps & PC/Mac clients).
You will gather and analyse insights from research and analytics and capture business requirements from key stakeholders. You will drive user lifecycle enhancements and ensure the customer is championed throughout the product definition and delivery process. You will also be defining, monitoring and reacting to key product metrics (portal analytics, app analytics and business KPIs) and provide commercial insights to drive solutions.
You will also support the Product Marketing Manager and other Product Owners on defining and evolving the propositions and work closely together to ensure the product is appropriately positioned and new features and enhancements can be successfully marketed to customers.
A particular area of focus will be convergent customers and the family segment.
You will have proven experience in agile ways of working (especially scrum) and in consumer products.
• Understand and synthesise consumer needs from market research, consumer insights, analytics and competitive insights, market potential, trends, problems, and opportunities
• Identify gaps and pain points in the user lifecycle & product features and define enhancements
• Explore new product features and define requirements
• Work with the Principal Manager Security Tribe and with senior stakeholders to set and track business goals and success metrics (commercial and experience metrics) to measure the product and features success
• Communicate effectively product insights, requirements and performance
• Passion for technology and digital consumer products
• You love being hands on and getting things done
• You have autonomy: You are reliable, self-organized, pragmatic
• Ability to analyse complex data from multiple sources and summarise insights in a structured way
• Demonstrable experience of making product decisions based on research, usage data, or predictions of either
• Proven experience of managing and influencing cross-functional groups and driving consensus in complex, multi-national environment
• Clear oral and written communication skills
• Experience of Adobe Analytics (or similar)
• Undergraduate degree (Master’s preferred) with excellent academic record
• 5+ years of professional experience in consumer software roles, including meaningful experience in strategic product management, research, marketing, UX, functional design
• Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
• Willingness to travel 20% of time