Product Owner (Data Analytics) - Internet of Things
The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a new way of connecting our 500 million customers globally to the world of Internet of Things.
We’re a team of fearless, restless visionaries in a completely new technology, on a mission to create world-changing products that connect people to their homes, their smart devices, and the things they love. Using our smart V SIM card, innate objects can now be controlled and monitored from anywhere at anytime, giving people the opportunity to do things they have never done before, offering freedom, security and control on a new level.
We have already launched 15 products in 7 markets internationally …and we just can’t stop!
We are seeking like-minded intrepid explorers to join us. People that aren’t afraid to take risks. The daring ones, the trailblazers, the pioneers!
The oil of the future for the IT industry and especially IoT is data. This role will be vital to discover and develop new data wells and get the most out of them. As a Product Owner, you’ll own the roadmap, vision and delivery of Data & Analytics within Consumer IoT. In Vodafone we believe in the values of agile delivery and we see the product owner as central role in the setup driving the delivery team.
You’ll be working with teams around the globe to understand their data, identify insights, and help to drive our Consumer IoT product roadmap, acting as the ambassador for data driven decision making across the organisation. Working with a team of dedicated data specialists and other technology teams you will define the future of analytics by introducing and applying capabilities like machine learning, artificial intelligence as well as moving towards cloud native analytics solutions.
- Build the roadmap and vision for Analytics and Data in Consumer IoT
- Evolve, change and adopt the existing delivery structure for the Analytics & Data team
- Create Epics and Stories, ensure development teams understand purpose and objective; prioritise Stories in backlog per the business’ needs
- Knowledge sharing of data science expertise and best practises with clients and communities.
- Analyse usage of data products incl. correlation patterns and define potential technical enhancements
- Strong communication skills to manage local and remote stakeholders in a distributed team
- Strong knowledge of Big Data & Analytics technology
- Solid experience and expertise across data integration and data management
- Experience delivering data science programmes and managing a variety of stakeholders across distributed organisations, including assessing business value, data qualification and problem definition when onboarding new use cases
- Experience with visualisation tools and several years of hands on expertise with Data Mining, Machine Learning & AI technologies
- Strong communication / stakeholder management
- Can abstract specific vertical proposition requirements into re-usable data product requirements
- Considers lifecycle aspects at product definition stage
- >= 5 years professional work experience
- Successful delivery record as Product Manager / Product Owner ideally for a data analytics product/ workstream
- Applied Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Professional experience and knowledge of Internet and/or Telco industries
- Higher education degree in IT/Engineering or related field
- Dedicated support and mentoring
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
- Annual company bonus
- 28 day’s holiday
- Contributory company pension scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/consumer-internet-of-things
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?
London, Newbury or Manchester
Role: Unified Communications Solution Architect Location: Newbury HQ, London or Manchester £ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer A senior customer facing role providing technical leadersh
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Commercial Manager Location: London or Newbury Our Team: Group Business Commercial OperationsThis is a chance to join a growing Cloud Commercial team within Vodafone. We are goin
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
Role Title: Senior IoT Strategy & Ecosystems Manager Location: Newbury / London At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency
Role: IT Technical Delivery Manager Location: Newbury HQSalary: £competitive + excellent benefits Is this role for you? As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will be responsibility for the delivery of
Programme Manager Newbury or London based Permanent Are you a Customer facing Programme Manager looking for your next role? As a Programme Manager you will be responsible for leading large customer f