As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
This role is part of a team within the Carrier product development area, responsible for the development and delivery of carrier products and services. Alignment to the architecture of carrier strategy will be critical to the ambition to support Vodafone Carrier Services, Vodafone UK and other Vodafone Local Markets with market leading solutions spanning data, voice and mobility products.
The candidate will be responsible for leading the business product design, development, successful delivery, in-life evolution and management of the carrier roadmap or other Vodafone Carrier Services products that will include new developments to the world’s largest international voice network. The candidate will also take a keen interest in both the recently established Vodafone Messaging Hub and the award winning IPX, enabling multiple voice and data services.
Ongoing product investment will contribute to reducing Vodafone’s group-wide operational costs, through better product design, supplier management globally and increasing operating company efficiencies whilst ensuring product relevance in the market
- Work with the Product Design Authority, ensuring that the Product Requirements (as defined within the Market Requirements Specification (MRS) and granulised into functional and non-functional requirements within the Business Requirements Specification (BRS)) are met by owning the overall design.
- Own the high level design and be responsible for translation of functional and non-functional requirements into solutions that span the end-to-end product ambition; including service experience; customer interfaces; development requirements; Capex/Opex budget needs and detailed costs
- Work within a large scale virtual team to determine product and service technical building blocks and how they interact with each other, provide design leadership to the virtual team and facilitate seamless integration between solution building blocks
- Deliver a solution which is modular in design to enable elements to be broken into distinct components for delivery decisions, underpinning the best execution of the business case
- Work with the Product Design Authority to have complete oversight of the scope / nature of design testing and review / signoff of exit documentation for build & test
- Knowledge of voice protocols SIP, RTP, SMPP, VoLTE, and IMS. Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP), MPLS and Ethernet architecture, QoS & CoS, OSS and BSS IT systems domain experience, API integration
- Must have demonstrable deep subject matter expertise in designing complex carrier voice solutions, including an excellent knowledge of competitor offerings and technology evolution.
- Extensive experience dealing with multinational corporate customer needs and global suppliers in a solution design, product architecture, engineering or consultancy role
- Graduate, with minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience with IT Managed Services desired, preferably with ITIL experience
Commitment from Vodafone:
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions left:
Check out the application process and get to know us better here:
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact:
Role Title: Regional Consulting Lead – Northern Europe Location: Newbury or Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive cons
Role Title: Senior Developer / Designer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excelle
Field Technician – Telecommunication Permanent – Field BasedM4 Corridor Looking to cross skill? Become one of our Field based engineers that can deliver best in class Fixed & Mobile solutions to our
Senior Enterprise Architect Working as an Enterprise Architect within the UK IT Architecture team, you will be creating end to end cross functional architectures that meet the UK business requirements
Role Title: Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist Location: Brentford At Vodafone Group, we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and cust
Cloud Delivery Manager - 254242 Role PurposeCloud computing is at the heart of Vodafone’s Technology strategy and one of the most important drivers to deliver on our vision of making Vodafone a truly
Role Title: Sales Enablement Manager Location: Newbury/Paddington Baird House Vodafone Group Business partners with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our tot
Role Title: Business Relationship ManagerLocation: Newbury Babbage House As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping h
Role Title: Security Architect Location: Newbury Our Team: The Security Architect acts as a technical generalist at Business level, responsible for delivering strategic technology security in
London, Greater London
Role Title: Software Development Team Lead Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer
London, Greater London
Role Title: Quality Assurance Manager - Cellular Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pi