Privacy Counsel - London
About the role
The future is exciting, Ready to join our Legal Team as our next Privacy Counsel?
Just as you would suspect, our legal teams look after Vodafone's legal estate across the UK and play a big part in ensuring Vodafone’s compliance with recent regulatory laws. Pushing our own agenda, we look to limit regulatory impacts.
- Assisting with implementation of robust data protection and privacy compliance policies;
- Advising on privacy risk in relation to new product and service development;
- Providing contractual and bid support as a subject matter expert to UK legal team;
- Advising on data transfers including data processing agreements and model clauses
- Providing effective and timely advice relating to requests for disclosure of data;
- Building awareness and training UK business teams on data protection and privacy issues;
- Assisting with the implementation of privacy risk management system; and
- Assisting with the continued implementation of Vodafone’s GDPR compliance programme into business as usual processes.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Solicitor or barrister with post-qualification experience practising in either private practice or in an in-house role.
- Expertise and experience in telecoms regulatory/data protection and privacy issues preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to persuade at highest levels of the organisation. Able to deliver concise and clear advice and training according to the audience.
- Able to deal with complex issues in relation data protection/privacy and develop arguments.
- High quality drafting skills with the ability to convey complex arguments in a clear and effective manner to regulatory bodies
- Ability to work with other members of the legal team to develop ideas and arguments internally
- Ability to build and maintain excellent network of client contacts across the business, other relevant industry groups, relevant professional external contacts
Corporate at Vodafone
Well – we work within the heart of our business, providing top notch support, expertise and guidance across our UK and Group operations. In a nutshell, we’ve been trailblazing the way to our next stage of digital growth. Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our corporate function a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Newbury Are you ready to join our UK Legal team? Resolve legal disputes relating to all areas of the business in Vodafone UK’s best interests? Support internal stakeholders manage and resolve disputes
Disclosures Officer Newbury Are you ready to join our UK Corporate Security team? As a Disclosures Officer you will act as a single point of contact for all Law Enforcement Agencies and Government Age
London, Greater London
Role Title: Assistant Company Secretary Location: Paddington Vodafone’s purpose is to connect everybody to live a better today and build a better tomorrow. We believe that by pursuing this goal in a
Senior Regulatory ManagerNewbury or London Are you ready to join our UK Regulatory team? This is a high profile role within our Regulatory Affairs Team where you’ll be responsible for influencing the
Legal Counsel – Procurement and Commercial Operations Newbury Are you ready to join our UK Legal team?You will support Vodafone UK on strategic procurement, technology and business development projec
London, Greater London
Role Title: Brand Legal Counsel Role Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellenc