Principal Product Manager Device Care (f/m)
Principal Product Manager Device Care App (f/m)
(Düsseldorf or Paddington)
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
In joining the Commercial team here at Vodafone Group you will support our people in strengthening our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, shareholders and employees! The team is broad; you could be working within Brand, Commercial Management, Consumer Services, Terminals, M-Pesa or Customer Experience Operations. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
Our Consumer Services team handles our portfolio of specialist new business services. We are also responsible for our roaming strategy, making it easy for our customers to take their mobile services with them overseas. Are you are consumer focused with a passion for strategy? Joining us as a Principal Product Manager Device Care your main responsibilities will comprise:
Represents the business stakeholders and is the voice of the customer guiding the development and operations teams, ensuring the delivery team delivers value to the business according to the outcome vision
Defines customer-centric items or user stories from the capability / feature roadmap, ranking and prioritizing them, and adding them to the team backlog
Works to Agile principles, and will be responsible for the prioritisation and delivery of the backlog of change initiatives to maximise business benefit of the products and features we offer. The role works closely with the team to develop user stories, acceptance criteria and full business benefits, and convey the vision onwards to our in-house Scrum teams, or, where required, to our Offshore development partners.
Primary stakeholders include Local Markets, Group Technology and all the other Group P&S product managers
- Drive and define from concept to final delivery, the creation of the best products (apps and web services) for our customers: the end customer delight is our main goal
- Strongly advocate and support our products and initiatives and be able to show to the counterparts in the Local Markets their benefits
- Identify demand from the different Markets, define the strategic roadmap, ensure alignment across all stakeholders and drive the delivery of the roadmap
- Ensure that all requirements and product development initiatives derive from clear customer needs and data analysis and get properly tested with customers prior to the market launch
- Stay up to date on latest developments within mobile technology and app development through research, attending events, meeting with influencers etc, and provide feedback on features and business models to product/technology teams
- Own, drive, and focus the team on delivery of business value and content
- Develop and define user stories / items and acceptance criteria from the feature and capability roadmap defined by Product Managers
- Rank and prioritize user stories / items and add them to the team backlog for sprint development, conveying a clear vision of what is required to be built
- Approve the final release plan and accept all deliverables against defined user stories and acceptance criteria
- Analyze and report delivery risks and opportunities, and engage stakeholders for communications and decision-making
- Participate in retrospectives to identify improvement opportunities
- Acts as single point of business contact for the development and operations teams
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field
Three or more years of experience in successful delivery in Product Ownership (or equivalent role) across full product lifecycles, from MVP to marketable products in iterations, including support transition
Experience in successfully leading and mentoring agile / DevOps teams in large multi-team environments
Experience in agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming (XP), Test Driven Design and Behavioural Driven Design
Experience with requirements definitions and use case modelling
Professional experience and knowledge of the Telecommunications industry strongly preferred
Stay up to date on latest developments within mobile technology and app development through research, attending events, meeting with influencers etc, and provide feedback on features and business models to product/technology teams
Own, drive, and focus the team on delivery of business value and content
Develop and define user stories / items and acceptance criteria from the feature and capability roadmap defined by Product Managers
Rank and prioritize user stories / items and add them to the team backlog for sprint development, conveying a clear vision of what is required to be built
Approve the final release plan and accept all deliverables against defined user stories and acceptance criteria
Analyze and report delivery risks and opportunities, and engage stakeholders for communications and decision-making
Participate in retrospectives to identify improvement opportunities
Acts as single point of business contact for the development and operations teams
Manage the financial plan for the delivery team, providing forecasts
‘’Digital transformation is a journey not a one off-event. It needs to be nurtured and grown by talented people who experiment, fail fast and innovate at pace’’.
What is the key to our success? It’s simple – our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, our flexible working policies to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.
We are committed to developing the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. Our excellent flexible benefits programme allows you to choose what’s right for you. Our Vodafone Foundation gives the ability for our people to give something back. We embrace empowering our people to shape their world. That’s what we mean when we say Power to you.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how he is listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here.