Portfolio Office Assurance Specialist
Portfolio Office Assurance Specialist
The future is exciting. Are you ready to join our Enterprise Operations. We're looking for a talented and energetic Portfolio Office Assurance Specialist to join our UK Enterprise Major Projects team in Newbury.
Get Ready. Joining our Major Programmes operations, you will work on our most high profile Programmes yet. It�s business critical activity will deliver via a series of work-streams and projects. With over 10,000 customers across all segments, this is an exciting and challenging place for you to make a noticeable difference. We invite you to be part of this.
The purpose of the Major Programmes Practice is to drive, influence & effectively deliver transformational change to benefit the UK Enterprise Business Unit (EBU) to support profitable growth by applying best practice within a framework of flexible principles. The Portfolio Office Assurance Specialist will be responsible for the successful management of the end to end delivery assurance process.
Our delivery framework is built to support demand management, project prioritisations and project deliveries that underpin the achievement of UK Enterprise objectives.
The framework includes:
- Governance & escalations
- Delivery methodology � Gates, Gate deliverables
- Templates & Tools
- Financial controls
- Forums (Enterprise Demand Forum (EDF), Slippage / Change, Gate passage)
- Reporting, KPIs, Dashboard, Roadmap
- Auditability of all deliveries
The framework actively manages our roadmap of projects from Demand (pre Business Case) to Closure. Differing levels of scrutiny are applied depending on the complexity & priority of the project. The framework governs a project�s passage through the Checkpoints, ensuring the whole delivery community understands the entire roadmap and can make delivery commitments based on that knowledge. It allows for consideration of Change Requests and Slippages.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
Your role specifically manages and maintains the entirety of the framework methodology including the following deliverables:
- Driving on-time delivery
- Maintaining and influencing key stakeholder relationships
- Collaborating with Portfolio Office Manager and Project Assurance Manager to drive and maintain superior quality across a series of gated milestones
- Facilitation of Governance Forums according to Vodafone best practice/ways of working
Deliverables will include:
- Being Subject Matter Expert for our framework Process/Methodology across entire UK Enterprise.
- Being the Framework process owner, facilitator and record-keeper.
- Supporting Project Assurance Manager in maintaining high quality (fit for purpose) project artefacts
- Maintaining impacted business areas and stakeholder/approvers (RACI-style) matrix
- Formally approves/rejects framework Gate submissions
- Facilitates Assurance and framework Forums
- Portfolio Office Ad-hoc tasks and delivery of key asks from Portfolio Office Lead and other Senior Managers
We need someone with demonstrated capability in managing diverse senior management and executive stakeholders. A subject matter expert in framework/methodologies in UK Enterprise. Taking a lead in change and offering extensive experience in assurance through direct programming and project delivery.
Offering adaptability, high performance and an excellent track record in managing change and driving delivery of improvement initiatives in a dynamic environment.
It`s important that you are self-motivated, build key relationships and great with people internally and externally to get your job done. A Prince2 / P30 qualification and experience in critical path and AGILE methodology is required.
Desirable skills would also include:
- Previous experience in the Telecoms/IT industry is beneficial.
- University degree or an extensive amount of practical knowledge gained through experience.
- Proficient in MS product suite including: Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- SharePoint administration and InfoPath experience is a beneficial.
- SAP experience is beneficial.
- SharePoint administration and InfoPath experience is a beneficial
When it comes to taking care of business � our Enterprise teams have got it covered. We provide compelling services for every business, big or small, in fixed line communications, mobile solutions and converged services. We�re the No 1 challenger telco helping our customers build better businesses, providing our global experience and local industry expertise to support businesses when they need it.
(link to B2B careers site: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/our-business/b2b/)
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don�t just carry minutes, texts and data � we carry people�s lives. And that�s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on�the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them.
And what�s it like to work here?
We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work, providing a flexible way for you to be at your best.
(link to careers home page: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/)
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people�s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Vodafone is committed to making reasonable adjustments for all candidates considered to have a disability during the recruitment assessment process. Should you meet the minimum criteria for the role you are applying to, we will contact you to discuss the reasonable adjustments that you may need.