London, The Speechmark
Competitive salary + Excellent benefits
Do you have strong portfolio management experience, along with the desire to help us drive further towards our goal of creating digital experiences that make the life of our consumers much simpler?
As a Portfolio Manager on a day to day basis your role will involve:
• Defining and driving the product strategy by price tier for mobile devices based on customer insight, market data, competitive analysis, business requirements and in alignment with the Global Terminals strategy.
• Managing the quarterly planning and definition of the mobile device portfolio (handsets, tablets, mobile broadband) ensuring it delivers against the customer requirements.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with all suppliers and identify and secure differentiation against our competitors and deliver a portfolio with high levels of customer satisfaction (NPS).
• Owning the lifecycle management plan for all mobile devices from cradle-to-grave, delivering an optimised portfolio that balances customer choice, SKU rationalisation and efficient product exit.
• Developing all required briefings and portfolio summary documents, including but not limited to (i) ranging rationale, (ii) target customer segments, (iii) device specification, (iv) customer proposition and (v) competitive landscape.
By focusing on the next chapter in our game-changing history, we blend the best of Digital and human interaction for millions of customers around the world. We’ve created an environment where innovation comes from collaboration and creativity comes from empowered thinking.
Our power keeps us pumped. We have a strong brand and reputation, and we have our people to thank for it. We’ll empower you to grow with us. Not only do we constantly invent and look out for everything new, we’ll let you take the reins to drive us forward to success.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end management of the mobile device portfolio (smartphones, handsets, tablets and mobile broadband devices) across all sales channels.
You will also have overall responsibility for evaluating new devices, aligning these with Vodafone’s various segment, customer and service requirements. As well as that you will be accountable for securing advocacy and buy-in for the proposed portfolio strategy throughout the business and tracking its commercial performance.
To be successful in this role ideally you will:
• Extensive experience within the mobile telephony or services industry.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate to and influence senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Adept at stakeholder management with the ability to influence and drive a product strategy across both Vodafone UK and Group Terminals.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to articulate complex scenarios so that an informed decision can be taken.
• Sound commercial judgement with the ability to understand the broader implications of decisions.
If this sounds like you and you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard to continue to stay ahead of the game.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.