Programme Support Specialist / PMO
About the Opportunity
The Vodafone Group cyber defence unit is a true end-to-end function, differing from most other cyber defence capability in MNC’s, which tend to have monitoring and operations alone. Vodafone Group’s capability includes prevent, detect and respond, so covers the full spectrum of the cyber security arsenal.
The Programme Support Specialist (PSS) will support the Programme Manager and the governance process for all Group Technology Security Projects and Programmes ensuring that projects are delivered within time, cost and quality constraints.
You will also support the project delivery team with compliance to the Technology Security Project Management methodology in the production and delivery of all mandatory documents. You will ensure that all projects follow GTS project processes and complete all relevant gate submission documentation
You will be responsible for:
- Provide guidance on governance processes, tools, document templates and controls to ensure a consistent Programme and Project delivery.
- Coordinate and prepare input and output material for, Programme meetings where required, and issue Programme communications
- Provide consultative support for Finance and Planning Assurance activities
- Facilitate Project Gate Reviews and corresponding assurance activities
- Identify and drive forward opportunity for process improvements
- Develop process area skills in others and endeavour to meet all quality assurance metrics and service measures
- Manage Programme SharePoint Room initial set-up and access
- Provide consultative support where applicable for all Risk & Issue Management related activities and associated processes and tools.
- Create Programme Monthly Reporting Packs, and any ad-hoc Programme reports
- Collate and submit weekly Project success stories
- Provide consultative support where applicable for all Reporting related activities and associated processes and tools
- Create Programme plans & roadmaps
- Demonstrate a proven track record of supporting the delivery projects and programmes of work across multiple industry verticals (including Telco)
- Demonstrate a strong track record of managing project finances, governances’ processes and assurance activities across multiple projects and programmes
- An ability to be able to establish rapport and communicate effectively to a wide range of people at varying levels.
- Has experience of supporting a portfolio of Projects and working with a variety of Project and Programme Managers and the Confidence and ability to challenge Project Managers and Stakeholders on governance and process
- Understanding of financial control and budget management
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, MS Project and MS Sharepoint
- Is able to engage and operate at multiple levels across the organisation and be able to influence effectively across multiple functional areas.
Preferred technical/professional experience
- Professional Qualification (Degree, PRINCE2, P30 or similar project management methodologies), or significant industry experience
We empower our consumer and enterprise customers to be confidently and securely connected. Our unique capabilities create the best voice and data to our customers and continue our advancement in the Internet of Things (IOT), BIG Data, Cybersecurity, Cloud & Hosting, TV and Video. We’re heading to an exciting future – fancy being part of our Vodafone Gigabit growth?
What’s in it for you?
We’ll help you be the best you can be, with dedicated support and mentoring, plenty of opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
As well as a generous basic salary, annual company bonus, you also have 28 day’s holiday, company pension scheme, Life Insurance, product discounts and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us at email@example.com