Platform Demand Lead
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. At Vodafone Group, we partner with our local markets to drive consistency and earn customer loyalty across 20 countries for over 600 million customers. We are restless and passionate about creating a better future for all. We are always open to new things, and curious to create solutions that our customers will love. We are constantly learning to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards and to deliver on our strategy. Our ambition is to improve 1 billion lives and half our environmental impact by 2025. It’s up to each of us to make this happen. Ready?
Responsible for gathering ongoing requirements for Cloud platform (toolchain, capabilities) from commercial teams in markets, working with Group Technology to develop aligned roadmap (strategic) and backlog (tactical).
- Develop standardised data taxonomy for commercial Big Data and AI use cases
- Develop and maintain data sourcing status and data roadmap for top markets to reduce barriers to scaling commercial use cases
- Influence the development of the cloud-based architecture to better fit business needs
- Identification of opportunities for commercial use cases from new data sources
- Alignment with other programs over strategy and roadmap to single data lakes with common data models
- Represent Commercial Big Data & AI teams on the Group Data Governance Forum
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in quantitative fields like Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Experience in cloud computing and as an enterprise architect in a cloud computing
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering or architecture role
- Experience with CI/CD and containerisation (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Professional GCP Certification (preferred)
- Experience in architecting and maintaining cloud-based systems, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging cloud solutions and technologies
- Knowledge of DevOps technologies and ML libraries and frameworks
- Successful experience working in cross-functional teams of product owners data scientists, engineers, and technology professionals
- Applied Scrum / Agile methodologies
- 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus public holidays
- Flexible working
- Pension matching scheme of up to 10%
- 5 paid days leave for charity projects
- MyChoices portal - cycle to work scheme, 100’s of retail discounts, shares and salary sacrifice schemes
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Interest free commuter loan
- Global parental leave policy for all new parents coming in 2020 which includes 16 weeks fully paid leave and upon returning to work, new parents can work part-time hours for 6 months whilst being paid their full-time salary
- Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too.
Get to know us better here and find out what life at Vodafone could be like for you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any application-related enquiries.
London, Greater London
Role Title: Online Sales & eCommerce Manager Location: Paddington The Internet of Things team play a key part in the success of V by Vodafone. We are the fearless and restless pioneers in our field